Free peasant

You are a peasant living in the kingdom of Larion. You have a pitchfork and nothing else. You wake up and begin working in the fields. You see a beautiful woman come out from her house.

> You continue working.
The woman is beautiful, but you don't know why. She has long black hair and wears a dress that reaches to her knees.

> You blush at the sight of her ankles. you then approach and tell her that she should not wear such a dress as it would give bad ideas to thugs.
She smiles at your compliment and tells you that she will be fine. She asks if you want to go somewhere else, but you decline saying that this was just a simple greeting.

> You say her goodbye and go back to your field.
You return to your field and continue working. A few days pass and you hear the sound of horses galloping. The man who owns them looks like he is riding one himself.

> You raise your head to see the horseman.
He appears on top of his horse and rides towards you. He is wearing a helmet with two horns on each side, and also carries a sword. His face shows no emotion, however he seems to be very angry.

> You move away.
You run away from him. You can't do anything right now, so you just leave the field and try to get home.

> After a few minutes, you go back to work.
A few more days pass and you hear the sounds of battle. It seems that some bandits or mercenaries have taken over the castle near your farm. You feel uneasy about what might happen next...

I decide to pack my things, just in case my lord loses the battle. In the meantime, I just wait.
A week passes and you still haven't heard any news of what happened at the castle. You are worried about what will happen next. A month goes by and you still don't know anything.

I must continue to work on my fields, so I decide to ignore the battle.
A year goes by and you still don't know anything. You think about leaving, but then you remember that there is a small village nearby. There are many people there and they could help you if something happens here.

> You go to the village and ask about the battle.
You decide to go to the village. You hope that someone there knows something about the battle. You walk down the road and see several houses, but nobody answers when you knock on their door.

> You look through the windows inside the houses to see if there is anybody.
You open up all the windows in the house and search for anyone inside. No one answers! What kind of town is this? The next day, you come back to find that there is still none.

> You go to the castle.
You decide to go to the castle. You hope that somebody there has information about what happened at the village. You walk down the road and see several houses, but nobody answers when you knock on their door.

Once I arrive at the castle, I see that it is burning.
The entire place looks like a war zone. I wonder how my lord lost control of such an important fortress. I am really worried about him losing it.

I look for people.
Nobody is around either. This place looks like a battlefield. I need to find out what happened here before I can prepare myself for whatever may come next.

I search the castle and understand that an enemy force has attacked it and won the battle. My lord is nowhere to be found. I thus decide that I shall be my own master from now on. I go back to my field and work to be self-sufficient.
A few days later, I hear some noise outside. It sounds like my lord is trying to get in through the front gate. I rush to the door and see that he has been killed.

I look around to see if there is someone else, then I drag my lord's corpse behind my house to bury him.
I have become stronger than ever. I feel as though I should be able to take care of myself now.

THE END