21.

Crystal POV

"Is it your first time attending one of these Christmas parties at this house because I've been absent for quite a few years and your face is new?" I asked her sitting on my bed.

"Yeah," she answered flatly like she doesn't want to be here rather somewhere else. "I'm here with someone but I lost sight of him when his close friends scoped in and took him away to have a chat," she added at my raised eyebrow.

"I'm guessing you really didn't want to be here, " I noted.

"No not really I wanted the both of us to spend Christmas with my family but since as this is important to him I came here instead," she answered with a sighed. I got up off of the bed ready to be back down stairs where the even is at. She didn't want to pry in the girl's life but instead decided it's time they return to the party.

We didn't talk on the way out of my room and down the stairs back to my party. As soon as we landed on the bottom of the stairs I parted ways with her not wishing to tag along with her or her with me.

She's a stranger alright but I don't think she will for long since she got mixed up with this crowd. No new faces that comes around this family is a one time occurrence of any sort.

I scout around the room bumping into someone for the second time for the time of the day. It was luck that she's wasn't drinking any wine. "I'm sorry, " I apologize looking up at the person I bumped into.

"Crystal, " his said my name so soft I was taken aback by it. His hands were around my waist as he had saved me from falling on my rear end and I thank him for that.

For a moment I got lost in his eyes. It might have been the wine but memories were flashing through my mind. I didn't know what brought it on but I couldn't look away.

Maybe the bumped had triggered something in the two of us as we couldn't look away from each other. It was like we were in a trance neither of us want to look away.

I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out and I was stuck staring at him with my mouth partially open to say something. I swallowed my throat suddenly dry. I was confuse by this. How come we react like this? I haven't seen him for 5 years how come he still has a hold on me? I thought I severed that connection the moment I left and it died over the years.

I heard a pinch that he has someone although I don't know who so why is he still holding me like this when I'm perfectly standing on my own now. I'm not falling am I?

Why is he looking at me the way he is looking at me? Why can't his just let go? Why am I allowing this to occur when I can walk out of his grip and walk away?

What is keeping me from doing so? Is it the close contact. The touch of his cold fingers on the hot skin of my back. Some part of me doesn't want him to let go while the other part is scolding me.

Let go Crystal.

It says. Telling me to let go. He's no longer mine anymore. He's someone else's, I've lost my chance when I ran. I can't destroy the happiness he has now with the one he found after I left. I'm sure he's happy with her and she's happy with him. It would be selfish of me to just appear and take him away because of old flame.

Let go Crystal.

I'm only here to introduce my daughter to her father then get away. We can make plans for the future but if I want to give them a equal chance to stay together I need to be out of their radius where my presence isn't constant.