2.

5 years later

"Chrissann." I called to hear tiny feet running down the stairs. "No running in the house." I yell.

She hopped down when she reached the last steps. "Ready?" I asked taking her hand. She nods and we walked out of the house together.

I strap her down in her seat in the back and closed the door. I stopped in front of the school to drop her off.

We walked hand in hand inside and I kissed her goodbye at her classroom door.

She grew up so fast I can't believe five years as past and it felt like just yesterday I held her for the first time at the hospital. I looked at my watch and realized that if I don't I dally a second more I would be late. I walked briskly down the corridors of the school building making my way back out front to take the steps two at a time.

I drove fast but not over the speeding limit weaving through traffic. I did receive a few curse words but I will not stop I'll take the insults over being late for work since it was so hard to find and I know it would be easy to lose.

I didn't go back to work immediately after giving birth but I had to. I didn't wanted to leave her but I need something to support us. I know you're thinking what happened to my parents and my bank account. They are there but I don't want to relay on it all the time and it's good to be working again although I really miss my baby but since she started school it had been a little easier to go work.

As for my parents my mother and I are not on talking terms which was expected. But she doesn't disown her granddaughter if anything she loves her more than anything in the world. They came to visit me three months later when the baby was born and I decided to tell them that they are grant parents.

It didn't go so well when my mother started asking questions about the child's father but I didn't tell her and she lost her mind saying her daughter is careless and I don't know who the child father is because I've been giving myself freely without a ring on my finger.

I was so glad when my father stepped in and shut up the frantic woman from talking my ears off about the absence of a husband or at least the father of the child.

He smiled at me knowingly. He spoke to me with his eyes. He was glad to hold his first grandchild and wasn't critising at every turn.

My mother did come around though. Helping me around the house and taking care of little Chrissann. It was difficult for me at first but I soom adjusted to the life of being a mother, a single mother at that.

But before they left my father cornered me but not in the cut throat kind of way asking me about Ethan and if I was going to tell him about his, our child.

He want going to leave me alone without an answer, promising me that he would do it. That he would have tell Ethan about his child if I didn't.

I told him would soon. I wasn't strong enough to do it so five years now and he still doesn't know because even though my father said he would he never dare did it. He knows that it's important that I tell him about it myself. I'm too much of a chicken to do so.

Even when they told me about how the wedding end. That my sister is a homo. I was happy for when she came out deciding she wanted to be with the one she love no matter the consequences. She's very strong to do that to face her feelings but I'm not strong enough to face Ethan and tell him that we made something wonderful together.

I couldn't tell him that I was pregnant after I heard everything what made them think or made me think I would be strong enough to tell him I had his child.

The fact that I said somethings when we parted planted some doubts in my head that he would have never believed that I was with his child, it scared me. It's him not accepting us that will tear me apart as him marrying my sister.

So here I am still too much of a coward to tell him but I know she will start to ask questions soon about her father.

What will I tell her? I know I can't lie to her. She needs to know the truth.

These are the thoughts that plague me everyday especially when I'm alone with my thoughts. Sometimes I would pick up the phone to call him and tell him everything then I think about it.

What if he changed his number? What if he hates me for leaving? What if he wants nothing to do with me or his child?

This confrontation scares me and I thought it was best to avoid it and it would get better but it never does it just gets worse. There is a only a small part of me that he accepts us by the larger part of my thinks he will never do.

:
:
:

I typed the last document saving everything and sending it in. I looked at the time and realized that I'm going to be late to pick Chrissann up.

I comb my fingers through my hair and started packing up. I drove like those crazy moms on TV that doesn't want to be late for their daughter ballet recital or their son football practice.

All I got is insults about my driving but I didn't care rather them be angry at me than my daughter. It's kind of depressing to see her that sad. Sitting on the step in front of her school, the only kid left to be picked up. I hate being that kind of parent.

Lucky for me I wasn't that late but I was late. I helped her in her car seat and got back into the driver's seat and started driving. I would glance back at her which isn't safe because I am taking my eyes off of the road which could lead to an accident but I want to see if my baby is alright.

But she didn't look too happy. Like the good mother I am I ask her what was wrong.

"Honey what's wrong?" I asked watching her through the rearview mirror.

"Nothing." She answered sighing at the end. I frowned. I know when something is bothering her and something is definitely bothering her.

"Come on you can tell me. I'm you're mother remember you can tell me anything. I'll keep it a secret if you want me to." I told her smiling gentle.

She sighed again. This must be really bad. She shouldn't be sighing so much. She is a child she should be full of happiness.

"I always see other children with their fathers when they pick them up from school and they look happy together except for Georgina her father is dead." I know this was coming but I didn't wanted it to come. This is too soon. "Is my father dead too?" She asked innocently. I looked at her and then back at the road and decided to go with the truth.

"No you're father is not dead sweety." I said.

"Then why don't I have any?" She asked sadly. "Do I have a father? Doesn't he want me? Did I do something to make daddy leave us? Does daddy hate me?" She started to throw questions at me about her father and I wish i wasn't driving so this would be more easier and for me to tell her about her father.

"No sweetie your father loves you so much." I said trying to uplift her mood and not make her think that he father is dead or he hates her.

"Then why don't he lives with me and you like the other fathers do?" She is asking such innocent questions but I can't help but think this is payback to me for not telling Ethan earlier about her.

"He's on a mission. He's a spy..." I know I wasn't going to lie to her but seeing that having a father would be devasting for her I choose the other route and the fact that if she knows that I am the one keeping her from her father she would probably hate me.

"He's a spy?" She asked interested.

"Uhmm. And he said once he is done with his mission he would come home. He did promise to come home for Christmas." I said just to get her hopes up but I wasn't going to crush it. At least I will try not to.

We had a long conversation about my her father being a spy and the secret mission that he is on while in my head I'm thinking shit.

Now I really have to try harder to get in touch with him.