Love Bug

Currently

"I THOUGHT YOU LIKED ME!" A girl screamed from down the hall. I cringed. People these days. I squeezed my science textbook closer to my chest as I walked through the crowds toward Mrs. Quincy's class. "Well, I thought you'd stay away from him! But NO! What did you do? You--"I sighed. Love bug. It seems to be that everyone is catching it. Side effects? Yelling, depression, trouble focusing, attendance at Rant City, and ignoring certain people of the opposite gender. I pushed open the door of Mrs. Quincy's class, than sat for an hour listening to her lecture about how much responsibility we need to be mature about the fact that we are dissecting a pig the next day. A girl sniffled. Then an uproar of newly single teenagers ( break ups is another side effect of the love bug ) broke out crying. To muffle the crying, I hummed a song. Oh no. Not this again! I completely forgot! I silently punished myself for forgetting where I was. Soon, boys were invading my personal space. Since the first time this happened, it's gotten worse. All I have to do is hum a note... Then I have a guy invasion. And it lasts usually an hour. A tear ran down my cheek. It was so hard to keep my secret and not have my depression get any worse. The tears were wiped off by my a soft hand. I looked up. There he was. A boy. Not enchanted by my magic. He smiled at me. "I'm Tarin. And what in the world are all these guys doing?" I was speechless. I looked into his blue eyes. They were electric. Just then, I knew I had caught the Love Bug from the other girls. Darn it.