the archie's pt 2

betty's pov 

"i'm sorry, what?" i yelled back at veronica. "don't act all innocent, betty. archie told me everything. how you told him you still loved him, and when he rejected you, you kissed him!" veronica was infuriated, and i had never seen her this upset before. "wait, what?" jughead said, standing up as well. "veronica, i don't know what the hell you're talking about. he kissed me, and i pushed him away." i said, the annoyance starting to take over what ever sadness i felt before. "archie wouldn't lie to me betty, right archiekins?" veronica smiled up at him. archie gulped. "yeah, betty what are you talking about?" archie said, with a confused look on his face. what the hell? "betty..is this true?" jughead asked, taking a step back. "no! archie kissed me! you know i wouldn't lie to you jug." 

"betty, i don't know what to believe anymore," he said once again, the anger rising in his voice. i turned to archie. i wasn't going down without a fight. "archie cut the bullshit. you kissed me!" i could see the guilt in his eyes, and he sighed. "you know what? fine. we kissed each other. it was a mutual decision." i gaped him. what was he talking about?" veronica looked up at him and took a step back. "wait, you kissed her back?"  jughead was the next one to speak up. "wow, and just when i was starting to think that you two really had gotten over each other." 

"hold the phone," i cut in. "i never kissed archie back. i have feelings for you and only you jug. and i would never to that to both of you." i said, turning to veronica, but she turned away from me. "we're done archie. and betty, i think it's best if we don't talk to each other anymore. we can't cancel the variety show, because that would break kevin's heart. but after that, we're through. betty, i hope you and archie are happy with each other," veronica spat, before rushing out of my room. jughead sighed. "juggie please, you have to believe me, i would never do that to you-" 

"betty, i need some time, ok? i need to think this all through. i'll see you at the variety show," he shoved past archie and walked out of the room. a mixture of tears fell down my face. some of them were sad tears, but the majority of them were angry tears. "what the HELL, archie!" i screamed and turned to face the redheaded idiot in my room. "you just ruined the two most important relationships in my life! you kissed me, why couldn't you just fess up and-"

"jesus betty i get it! i know i messed up. i regret it, i swear. i don't know what i was thinking. i don't even know why i kissed you, god dammit." he sighed, pacing my room. i wiped away my tears and sat down on the bed. "i need you to leave. ok? i cant deal with you right now. i need to think of a way to fix this." archie nodded his head and left my room. this was a mess. i couldn't talk to anyone about it..except for one person. i hurriedly picked up my phone to call my other best friend. they answered on the third or fourth ring. "hey! can you meet me at my house? we have a situation."

30 minutes later

"wait, let me get this straight," kevin said, popping a gummy bear into his mouth. "archie kissed you, you pushed away, told jughead, tried to tell veronica, but archie told her a different story, and then told veronica and jughead an even different story, and now you're all in a fight?" he raised an eyebrow. "yeah, pretty much. and i don't know what to do. veronica and jug won't talk to me, and they won't talk to archie either. to be fair, i'm also ignoring him, but we need to think of a plan. i don't want to lose my friendships with archie and v and my relationship with jughead." i groaned and put my face in my hands. "well, i have never been in a situation like this, but you might have to let this heal on its own. the truth will come out, it always does, and i know that jughead physically cannot stay away from you for over 24 hours. plus, veronica needs her shopping buddy," kevin put his hand on my knee. "plus, music has a way of getting to people. i'm sure that after we all sing midnight radio, they'll realize that you, elizabeth cooper, are not one to cheat. and if they don't, screw them. we can move to new york together. you are a good cook, right?" i gigged and threw a pillow at him, but he had a point. i'm sure veronica and jughead will find out the truth anyways. "now, lets talk about what we're wearing."