the archies

hi disclaimer there's gonna be a LOT of spelling mistakes probably bcccc i'm writing on my phone cause my computer is being a butthole and i type super fast and it always causes mistakes so ignore those sjdidnis also this is what should've happened 😤😤

betty's pov
god i was such an idiot. why would i freak out over jughead not doing his homework. i've been so hard on him lately and completely disregarding the fact that he's been through some real shit this year. if he shows up for rehearsal i'll make sure i apologize. i opened the door to archie's garage, and to my surprise i only saw archie sitting there. "oh, hey arch. where's veronica?" i asked him, walking over to where he was sat on the couch, tuning his dads guitar. "we uh, we got into a fight. about her dad. i don't think she's coming. what about jughead?" he stood up, putting the guitar strap around his neck. "we got into a fight too. i have to apologize after we finish rehearsing." there was an awkward silence, both of us just standing there and staring at our feet. "well, we can still rehearse you know. we will just catch up with v and jug later." i smiled at archie, and he went to go turn on the music. we started singing to origin of love, and i was realizing while we were singing how grateful i was that archie and i were friends. we would never work as a couple, and i'm much happier with jug. when i had feelings for archie, i was just a naive sophomore. but our feelings had evolved into a tight friendship. i smiled up at him platonically. but i wasn't prepared for what he was about to do next. we had just finished singing a power line, though i wasn't paying attention to the lyrics much, and he pushed the microphone away and kissed me. there was nothing. no spark, no connection. i pushed him away immediately and took a step back. "archie..." he sighed. "betty i'm sorry, i just-"
"save it archie. i don't wanna hear it right now." i cut him off and stormed out of the garage with tears in my eyes and a frown on my face.

15 minutes later

i was a nervous wreck. i obviously couldn't keep this from jughead, so i called him and told him that i was sorry and i needed to explain something to him. he said he would meet me in our room, and that's where i am now, sitting on our bed with my tear stained face. i didn't do anything wrong, i pushed him away and left, because archie was just my friend. nothing more, nothing less. i was distracted from my thoughts by a knock on the door. "hey- betty, are you crying?" the familiar voice of my beanie wearing boyfriend sounded concerned as he made his way over to me. "i'm so sorry juggie. it happened so fast, one minute we were singing and the next minute he was kissing me but i swear on my life that i didn't kiss him back, i pushed him away and-"
"woah woah woah, betty slow down. what happened? who kissed who?" jughead asked me, sitting down on the bed and rubbing my shoulder. "archie kissed me jug. at rehearsal. we were just singing because we were the only ones who showed up, and he was suddenly kissing me but i swear to you i pushed away immediately and ran off. please don't be mad jug." i said, holding back my sobs in fear that jug would leave me. i know that me catching feelings for archie was his biggest fear, and i didn't want to break him. "betts, why would i be mad at you? i know that you don't have feelings for archie, and i trust you when you say that you pushed him away. i'm upset with archie and disappointed that he would do that, but i'm not mad at you. i'm proud of you, if anything." he smiled at me and opened his arms out for me to snuggle with him. i sniffled snd gladly accepted his hug. he stroked my hair and rocked us back and forth, when suddenly i i remembered something. veronica. "oh no jug, veronica! how am i supposed to tell her this? should i tell her? i mean archie should be the one to tell her but i feel like we can't keep this from her. she deserves to know." jughead sighed and looked down at me. "although it may not be our place to tell her, if i were you i would. we don't want her hearing something different from archie." he was right. i didn't know how archie was feeling or how he viewed the kiss, and i don't want him to twist up the story. i slowly pulled my phone out and told veronica that she had to come here asap." after i sent it, i remembered i still had to apologize to jug for freaking out earlier. "also, i'm sorry about what happened earlier juggie. i shouldn't have overreacted like that and i completely disregarded how you were feeling. i promise i won't be as hard on you in the future. i know that you'll graduate no matter what." jughead smiled and put his hands on my shoulders. "i should be apologizing too. you were just looking out for me and i freaked out and started yelling at you. which wasn't right. i'll focus more on my schoolwork, so i can evenly balance our investigating with my favorite person, and making sure u graduate so i can go to college with my favorite person." he leaned down to kiss me, but just as our lips were about to touch, the door burst open with an angry looking veronica and a guilty looking archie behind her. "oh hey v. archie...i didn't really want you here, no offense." i said, slowly standing up off my bed. "cut the crap betty. i'm not here to have a nice chat with you. i'm hear you ask you why the fuck you thought it would be ok to kiss my boyfriend?"

haha cliffhanger bc i can 🤪
i hate writing on my phone so i will finish this tmr when my computer stops being a big baby and decides to work
i'm still VERY ANGRY ABOUT THE BARCHIE KISS but bughead is endgame and they will always win so #bugheadwedding2020 i'll bring the snacks
also the people who not only leaked cole's but lili's address as well are sick. who in the right mind does that. based on what cole said on his story, it doesn't really look like they even broke up. it looks like they wanted more privacy, which is totally fine bc it's their relationship, not ours, and we need to let them be. i rest my case. also i watched a nightmare on elm street for like the 4th time today and now i have inspiration dheiejwis i love writing scary things it's fun
ok i'm gonna go sleep and what i really mean is i'm gonna play animal crossing until the sun rises. uhh and if you uh wanna be friends and play animal crossing together drop ur friend codes and we can be friends and we can just like vibe while we praise the gods that bunny day is finally over and we don't have to see that american serial killer zipper anymore and hide our bells from tom nook 😌💅