today is a beautiful day to save lives

some of yall already know 

btw this is based on season 11 episode 21 of greys anatomy but i am not gonna be mean today. also it's just the concept of it not the actual full on thing like da surgeons aren't gonna be idiots 

if you haven't seen greys anatomy or haven't gotten to that point yet and plan on watching this than i don't recommend  this one bc spoilers 

WARNING 

ok so this is kinda gory kinda not??? like it mentions guts and stuff and car accidents so if any of that stuff makes you uncomfortable this is not the chapter for you

jughead's pov 

i was wheeled out of the ambulance as a man from the hospital i worked at walked over. he opened his mouth to say something, but his eyes widened when he saw it was me on the stretcher. "someone page doctor jones-" betty. more workers wheeled me into the hospital and i heard someone running over. "oh god, oh god-" the woman's voice broke and i could hear her breathing quicken. i heard more footsteps approach as the surgeon who wheeled me in started listing my injuries. "b, i know your husband is on that stretcher, but you need to take deep breaths and calm down so that you can save him. as jughead would say, it's a beautiful day to save lives, right?" veronica. if anyone was gonna save me, it would be those 2. there was a silence before betty bent over to look at me. "ok guys, wheel him over here." that's my girl.  the surgeons counted down from 3 before moving me off the stretcher and onto a different bed. "i need 4 units of blood." kevin. betty rushed over and looked at kevin. "he has bad mva, had to be extricated. positive loss of conscious at the scene. he's poorly responsive. gcs of 10." betty took out her penlight and held my eyes open before flashing the light into them and asking me questions. "juggie, can you hear me?" yes. i can hear you betts. i tried to speak, but no words came out. i couldn't open my mouth. loss of verbal skills. possible bleeding in brain.  "his pupils are equal and reactive, but we need to get him a C.T just in case."

betty's pov

kevin nodded and rushed over to a surgeon to prepare the C.T. i sighed and put the penlight back in my pocket before calling over another surgeon. "he has a flail chest in the right, i need a 36 french tube now." this seemed so surreal. my husband was on stretcher, on the brink of death. "jug, this is gonna hurt." i grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight as kevin injected the tube. jughead winced in pain and my eyes started to water. what happened to him?

jughead's pov 

one hour earlier 

this was bad. katherine needed surgery and she needed it now. i pulled her shirt back down over her exposed insides and told her to stay still. i went back over to emily and her mom. "do you think we can get the trunk open? you said you had come back from the laundromat, right?" I had been minding my own business, driving to the hospital this morning when some kids were speeding down the road. i managed to avoid them, but they hit a mini van ahead of me, which had vanessa and her 9 year old daughter emily. their car was flipped over, and i of course ran to help them. since emily was scared, i reassured her and told her that she was still alive, because she had a pulse. when she felt her own pulse, she smiled and i helped both her and vanessa out of the car. i ran over to the car with the two teenagers, and only found one girl on the passengers side. the car was flipped upside down, so it was challenging to get her out. i learned that her name is katherine, and that her brother had been speeding in order to get to school on time. i laid her down and found her brother, zach, wandering around, before he eventually passed out. their car had exploded, leaving us all towards the side of the road. i couldn't get any signal, but the smoke from the car should draw some attention. zach was laying down on the grass, and katherine was laying down in front of me. since she was complaining about her stomach hurting, i lifted up her shirt and was not met with a pretty sight. her stomach was ripped up, exposing some of her organs inside. she noticed my face and started crying. "am i gonna die?" she asked between sobs. "no, not on my watch. i don't let people die, and no one is gonna die today." and now, here we were, wrapping katherine's stomach in the plastic that was wrapped around vanessa's clothes. i heard sirens in the distance, and soon enough ambulances and firetrucks were approaching. i waved them over and watched as they wheeled everyone into the stretcher. "aren't you coming with us doctor jones?" emily asked as the doctors felt her arms and legs to feel if any bones had been broken. "i will be right behind you. when you get to the hospital, you are gonna see a pretty girl with a blonde ponytail. her name is betty. tell her that jughead is on his way, ok?" emily nodded before the paramedics closed the door to the ambulance. i walked back over to my car and started the engine. as i was about to start driving, i heard my phone ring. i was trying to find it, and turned around for a better view. after i found it, i turned around and saw  a truck heading straight for me. i tried to drive out of the way, but it was too late. after that, it was just darkness.