australia

yay nobody broke into my house last night

i had the idea for this in social studies for some reason even though this has literally nothing to do with it but do i care? no. 

betty pov 

alone. that's what i felt. as of right now, i was on a cute little speedboat with people who all seemed happy, ready to go scuba diving in australia. i was supposed to be having the time of my life with my ex fiance archibald andrews, but he broke up with me over text while i was sitting alone in our hotel room, waiting for him to arrive. i had paid for us to go scuba diving, as a fun couple thing, but since he blew me off, i was now sitting here alone, waiting for it to start. once the boat parked, the instructor said that he would go around and help us all get into our suits. i stood up and walked to the side of the boat and sat on it. i had my feet dangling above the water and was just trying to relax, when i felt someone hit my back and i fell into the water

jughead's pov 

shit. i just knocked someone into the water. thanks to my idiot best friend sweet pea, i stumbled into someone sitting on the edge of the boat. i looked over the edge and saw her resurface. she wiped water out of her face and reached up to grab the side of the boat. instead, she ended up grabbing my hand and i pulled her up into the boat. she opened her eyes and glared at me. "what the hell? i'm already having a shit day, i didn't need you knocking me into the water." she pulled her phone out of her back pocket and tried to turn it on. the phone screen flashed on for a second before it glitched out and shut off. despite the girls best efforts she couldn't get it to turn on. "god damn it, my phone broke!" 

"i'm really sorry, my friend ran into me and i stumbled backwards." she sighed and looked down at her hands. after a second, her eyes grew wide in panic and she looked up. "my bracelet. where's my bracelet?" she got down on her hands and knees and started looking for her bracelet. "it's the only thing i have left of my sister! i need to find it!" the panic in her voice was clear, and the guilt in me started to grow. after 5 minutes of looking for the bracelet she stood up. "it's no use. it's gone, somewhere in the ocean. and now i have nothing of my sister left." she stormed off to some part of the boat and told the instructor that she didn't want to go scuba diving anymore. i felt awful. i went back to where my two best friends, toni topaz and sweet pee were. my cousin veronica lodge was there too. they were in their scuba gear, ready to go into the water. "hey jug. where were you?" veronica asked, walking over to me. "ruining some poor girls day by accidentally knocking her into the water."

"what do you mean?" toni put a hand on my shoulder. "well, since someone," i looked at sweet pea, "knocked me over, i ran into this girl sitting on the edge of the boat and causing her to fall into the water. her phone broke from the water damage and she lost her bracelet which i'm guessing belonged to her sister to probably passed away or something, and she got really upset and stormed off. i feel really bad. she said that she was already having a bad day and i just made it worse." i sat down on one of the couches and veronica sat down next to me. "well, we should try and find her bracelet. maybe it sunk to the bottom by the coral. if we find it, you can give it back to her and cheer her up." 

"we can try." i sighed and sat up. "i just need to get into the scuba gear now."

40 minutes later

we had been searching for a while, but we found nothing. we had to go back in 5 minutes, and the necklace could be anywhere. toni swam over to me and shook her head, before going back to the boat. i guess 5 minutes minutes means 30 seconds now. as i was about to start swimming back to the boat when something caught my eye. it was under a piece of coral. i stuck my hand down there and pulled it up. it was a bracelet. it was pretty simple. like a friendship bracelet, but it had a chain on it. B+P. i don't know if it was her bracelet or not, but i took it anyways. maybe, just maybe, like effie trinket once said, the odds would be ever  in my favor. 

back on the boat

after i had changed into my clothes again, i walked around the boat and looked for the girl. she was sitting on a couch by herself, with red puffy eyes. i sat next to her and waited for her to notice me. when she did, she turned away from me and sniffled. "go away."

"no." my voice was clear, and she turned back to face me. "why?"

"because i have a present for you." this caught her attention, and she looked up at me. i handed her the necklace and her eyes lit up. "you found it! my bracelet!" she smiled and put it back on before hugging me. "thank you thank you thank you!" i hugged her back and smiled. "you're welcome...-"

"elizabeth, but you can call me betty." 

"forsythe pendleton jones. the third." she gave me a weird look. "call me jughead though." she smiled and wiped her tears. "really, thank you for finding this. it means so much to me." she said again.

"i understand if you don't want to tell me this, but what happened to your sister?" i was afraid she would lash out at me, but instead, betty just looked at me with sad eyes and took a deep breath. "it was a skiing accident. she messed up one ski and tripped into a ravine. i went to go get help, but it took a while for anyone to come. when we got to the bottom of the mountain, there was significantly a lot more snow. fresh, snow. we couldn't get through. there had been an avalanche. by the time rescue teams got to her days later, she was dead." fresh tears rolled down her cheek and she took a shaky breath. "this bracelet was something she gave me before the ski trip. a few years later, there was a fire. our entire house burned down. since i was wearing this, it was the only thing of hers that was saved."  more tears streamed down her face and i wiped them away. she smiled at me. "wow, today actually turned into a better day." i smiled. "what even happened that made it so horrible in the first place?"

"my fiance, or ex fiance, dumped me. over text." she giggled at my face of disgust. "what a jerk, he doesn't deserve you." betty smiled. "thanks for making me feel better juggie." she covered her mouth. "juggie?" she shrugged. "it's my new nickname for you." i chuckled. "then my nickname for you will be...betts." she smiled. "i like that nickname." the boat stopped yet again and the captain said that we were docking and could get off the boat now. betty stood up and i grabbed her hand to stop her from leaving. "hey, wanna go get some coffee?" i expected her to say no, but instead she said the opposite. "i would love to."

7 years later 

betty's pov

i walked into the living room of my house to see jug playing with our 4 year old daughter charlie (yes from good luck charlie because i have an obsession). i walked over and sat next to her while she sat on jug's lap. she reached her arms out to me and i picked her up. "mommy, how did you and daddy meet?" she asked while playing with my hair. i sat down next to jughead and smiled. "well, it started on a boat, in australia."

hi i posted again and it hasn't even been 24 hours im so cool 

i have school tomorrow but its supposed to snow so we might have a snow day 😋😋 i really hope we have one bc like school is absolute shit and i just want to sleep

thats all kitties 

soph out 🗿