popping the question

jugheads pov

today was the day. the day i was going to ask betty to marry me. we've been dating since we were sixteen, so 8 years. yeah we've had our ups and downs, but we always made it. and ive always known that i want to be with her for the rest of my life. i planned everything out with veronica archie, kevin, and cherly, who of course wanted to help. now, it's just time to put our plan to action.

i woke betts up at around 9

"juggie? why are you waking me up this earlyyyyy-" she complained. i chuckled and stroked her hair. "i have special things planned for today. go get dressed, i'm taking you to pops for breakfast." her face lit up when she heard 'breakfast' and she ran to the bathroom to get ready. i texted ronnie to tell her to be ready. i threw on my serpent jacket and my beanie and waited by the door of our apartment for betty. she shuffled down the hallway looking gorgeous as always, and we set out to pops. once we walked in, i saw that veronica set everything up. our signature booth at pops had betty's favorite foods on it, and a framed picture of us on our first date, sitting in that very same booth. she grinned and sat down. "juggie...this is amazing. what did i do to deserve you?" i chuckled and took a sip of my milkshake. "i think the real question is what did I do to deserve YOU?" she giggled and started eating her breakfast. we talked about lots of things. how veronica and archie's wedding is next week, how cheryl and toni are planning to adopt in the following months, things we missed about high school, even different youtube challenges. it was great. as we were getting ready to leave, i told betty to take the picture of us and put it in her bag. she would need it later. although she was a bit confused, she took it anyways. once we got back to the apartment, i told her to change into a swimsuit. we were going someplace where it would be needed. while she got dressed into her bathing suit, i changed into my swim trunks and texted archie, telling him we'd be there in 15 minutes. i started my motorbike and waited for betty to come out. once she was all ready to go, we drove down to the swimming hole we used to go to when we were in high school. archie had put lily pads in the water and strung up some fairy lights. he left a speaker for us to play music, and a framed picture of me and betty in the swimming hole from senior year. she squealed and ran into the water, pulling me in with her. we spent an hour or two splashing each other and swimming around. again, i told her to put the picture of us in her bag as we got ready to leave. we stopped at mc donalds for lunch, as i know that betty loves the place. at around 1:30ish, we went home and freshened up a bit. time for step 3. i texted kevin telling him we were leaving now and drove betty to the movie theater. we walked into the theater to see toy story 4, and kevin had, just like ronnie and archie, set everything up for us. he made sure that the theater would be empty, and there were snacks waiting for us at our favorite seats. and, of course, a framed picture that betty took when we went here for my birthday all those years ago. we snuggled up in our seats as the movie started, and if i'm being honest both betty and i cried at the end. she took the picture without me having to tell her, because she knew i would ask anyways. time for the next part of our adventure. cheryl had just texted me telling me that everything was ready, and that the keys were underneath the mat at the school entrance. i drove betty and i to riverdale high, with a blindfold covering her eyes. i didn't want her to know where we were going just yet. the keys were where cheryl had left them, and i led her to the blue and gold room. on the walls were every article that betty and i had ever written in our years of running the blue and gold. from jason blossom to g&g. they were all there. of course, a framed picture from when we were both writing something here in this very room, just 8 years ago. our computers were set up and there was a newspaper with an article circled on a kidnapping that had happened in greendale on the table next to betty's computer. she grinned and started typing about the kidnapping without me having to tell her. i know her dream is to work with the new york times, so once she finishes this article i'm going to send it to them, and hope that they offer her an interview. after many hours of us researching and typing, we finished the article. betty did all the writing, while i did research and gave her important pieces of information. i printed it out,sealed it in an envelope, and put it in my bag, while she took the picture. "there's one more place i wanna bring you to, ok?" she nodded and we drove to a lavender field, away from people. this was an us moment. however, ronnie, arch, kev, and cheryl were watching from nearby, as they needed to witness this 'life changing bughead moment.' i led betty over to a patch of grass in the middle of the field and sat us both down. "now, as you know, at all the places we went to today, there was a picture. i told you to take all of them and save them for later. now i want you to take them out and take the frames off. turn them over and put them in the order of places we went to." she nodded and started taking the frames off the pictures. i got in position and made sure the ring box was in my pocket. finally she started putting the pictures together. the picture of us together at pops said 'will,' the one with us at the swimming hole said 'you,' the one with us at the theater said 'marry,' and the one with us at the blue and gold said 'me?' she looked at me with wide eyes and i cleared my throat. "elizabeth cooper, you've been my girlfriend for 8 years. it's been 8 years since i first told you that i love you. but i've loved you since we met in kindergarten. we were book buddies, and you were so nice to me. we started a conversation about crayons. we became best friends. we started dating when we were sophomores. and now here we are, 8 years later. still together. and i want to be together for the rest of our lives. i want your last name to be jones. i want to make it set in stone that you're mine and i'm yours. i want to start a family, get a house, adopt a dog. i want to wake up next to you every morning for the rest of my life. so will you make my day, my week, my year, my life, and marry me?" i pulled out the box and opened it, revealing a diamond ring that she saw in a magazine and said she liked.

"oh my god- juggie. of course i'll marry you- is that even a question?" she was crying happy tears as i slid the ring on her finger. she tackled me and kissed me passionately. i heard kevin and veronica squeal from a distance as betty pulled away. she beamed down at me as her hair tickled my face. she was gorgeous, caring, and the most kind person on this earth. and i was lucky enough to call her mine, for the rest of my life.

a n

oh lordy this was horrid but it's 1am so don't come for my weave

thank you to the 5 people reading this, it makes me happy lol

y'all are the best

ciao my dudes

soph 💕