Chapter 7: A Night In New York

Start from the beginning

"And where do you three believe you are going?" Paul says as he catches us leaving the hotel room.

"For a wee walk," I reply, ready to book it if Paul says we weren't allowed to.

Paul hands me and Louis hats and sunglasses, "boys, you know better." He turns to Charlotte, "Carter, you better keep these two in line, they can get themselves into trouble."

"Yes sir," she says has her adorable laugh fills the halls.

She begins to walk down the hall towards the elevators, but Louis holds me back, "wingman mood activated," he whispers in my ear, and I shake my head and laugh, but inside I am terrified, I have no clue what he could be up to. He proceeds to skip down the hall towards Charlotte, and I just laugh following behind him.

10 minutes later, we have finally made it to Times Square, and I can tell Charlotte is in awe. Her big eyes are bouncing between signs and staring up at the tall buildings. I watch her eyes change colours depending on what sign she is looking at when I hear her say, "look who it is," as she points up at a billboard. I look up to see the boys and I smiling down at us.

"Soon, that will be one of the pictures you take of us," I comment, and I watch her cheeks turn pink.

"Anywhere specific, you want to visit or did you just wanna walk down here?" Louis asks, pulling us along like our child.

"No, I just wanted to admire the lights and the excitement that fills Times Square," she says, I find that adorable, here she is, in the big city, and all she wants is to walk around admiring things. It's the little things that matter most to her, I love that.

We continue to walk down the street and Louis and I are pointing out places we have been or stating exciting facts about NYC. I can tell she is really enjoying herself, she listens to everything we have to say and expresses her enthusiasm every time we mention something that she wants to learn more about.

This girl is making it fucking hard for me not to fall for her.

"Nandos!" she exclaims as she spots the big sign for the restaurant, "can we go?" she begs, "I have never been."

"Excuse me," I stop dead in my tracks, Louis and her look back at me, "you have not been to Nandos?" she slowly shakes her head, Louis begins to laugh, "Okay, we are going, come on," I say quickly taking her hand and ushering her into the restaurant.

"I will get a double-breasted chicken wrap, medium, with halloumi cheese and PERi-PERi fries with PERinaise," I order and look over at Charlotte, "what you want?" She stares at the menu and looks back at me with her green eyes staring into mine, shrugging her shoulders, "do you like spicy foods?" she shakes her head no. "She will get the chicken wrap, lemon herb, and PERi-PERi fries as well."

Louis orders for himself and we go sit down to wait for our food, "I'm just running to the washroom, I'll be right back," Charlotte says getting up and leaving the table.

I look up at Louis, and he is eyeing me, hard, "Take a picture, it will last longer," I comment sarcastically.

He laughs a bit, "I am going to take my food and head back to the hotel. You and Charlotte stay here and enjoy dinner together," he says winking at me, "tell her," he whispers as a girl brings our food over to us, he immediately takes his meal and leaves.

I sit there in confusion, staring at my food when I hear Charlotte come back from the loo, "You alright? Where'd Lou go?"

"He said he was going back to the hotel and for us to stay here and enjoy our food while it's warm and head back after," I reply, trying to wrap my head around what he just pulled on me. I mean it's not like I have not been alone with her, but the lad did me dirty.