Meanwhile, Massie had heard the young girl's outburst and turned to look at the two with an amused expression on her face behind the counter.

"I mean, you're welcome to join."

She gestured towards the empty seat in front of her. She saw a hint of hesitation in his eyes.

"If you don't want to that's fine too. I mean you're probably really busy and I don't want to disturb you if you're just here to grab a coffee and go. Yea, you seem like the type of person who would be really busy. Why waste your time sitting with little ol' me? I'm sure you have better things to do."

Aurora took a deep breath and opened her mouth again to continue, but was interrupted by an unexpected question.

"Are you sure?"

"I-I mean, yea I don't mind the company. I need a break anyways," She pointed to her barely eaten sandwich sitting on the table.

He gave her a small smile and nod before smoothly pulling the chair out, sliding onto the chair directly across from her.

"Sorry, I'm a mess right now," Aurora quickly gathered the papers that were scattered all across the table and placed them neatly besides her and gave him a sheepish smile, to which he returned.

"You design?" He asked curiously. Aurora followed his gaze to the piece of paper laying at the top of the pile. It was a print out of a quick and simple collage she had made from taking different parts of various houses, making them seem like one whole idea.

"I guess you can say that. I'm an architect, to be exact," Aurora took off her glasses and placed them on top of her now closed laptop. She lifted her sandwich."I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all."

Taking a bite from her sandwich, Aurora almost let out a moan because of how delicious it was, realizing just how hungry she was. She had lost track of time and was grateful Massie had given her something to eat.

There was a pause as he took a sip from the coffee cup he had been holding. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I got your name..."

His voice seemed to trail off in the end, making Aurora widen her eyes in realization. She had been having a conversation with the gorgeous stranger in front of her and never even got his name.

"Oh, Aurora," She held her hand out for him to shake, as if it was the most natural thing to do.

His hands engulfed hers in a handshake. "Xavier."

"It's nice to meet you Xavier," He was still holding her hand, but it wasn't like she was complaining. She took notice of how big his hand seemed to be compared to hers. His hand was rough, yet held a hint of softness.

Aurora awkwardly pulled her hand back when she noticed she was staring again. She grabbed her sandwich and she took another bite.

"Likewise," He whispered before speaking a bit louder. "Do you come here often?"

Aurora let out a small laugh, making him tilt his head in confusion. "I'm sorry, it's just- that was such a cliche line."

"Oh," Xavier's cheeks seemed to redden."I didn't mean it like that."

"I know," laughed Aurora, taking a sip of her cold brew before continuing. "But to answer your question, yes I do come here often. Spending money on a drink makes me feel motivated to do work. Plus, I love Massie."

"You seem very close to her," Xavier began unbuttoning his suit so he could sit more comfortably. The chair he was sitting on seemed to be too small for his 6 foot 3 figure. His long legs were constantly brushing against Aurora's.