She was so immersed in her world that she had even forgotten to eat. It wasn't until Massie had brought over one of the cafe's famous ham, cheese, and egg croissant sandwiches when the clock struck 1PM, that she took note of her hunger. Massie had noticed that Aurora had not gotten up from her spot since the moment she got her drink.

A Cold Brew with condensed milk.

It was Aurora's go to drink when she needed the energy or when she lacked sleep

It was Aurora's go to drink when she needed the energy or when she lacked sleep. Massie knew that if Aurora ordered the cold brew, that meant she was tired.

Taking a few bites of her sandwich, Aurora grabbed her laptop and began creating boards where she would present her ideas, occasionally taking notes in her sketchbook.

She was so immersed in her work that she did not notice the tall figure standing right next to her table. Her cap was pulled down, blocking her view from her surroundings. It wasn't until she heard a throat clear that she took notice of the figure. Startled, she quickly glanced up, meeting the eyes of a familiar pair of grey eyes.

Her eyes widened in surprise as he stared right back at her. He awkwardly cleared his throat again.

"You dropped this," he said, handing her a pen she had dropped on the ground.

"Thank you," Aurora muttered, taking the pen from his fingers. Their fingers brushed against each other slightly, causing a shiver to run down her spine. She almost pulled her hand away from the unexpected feeling.

"You seem to be very engrossed in what you're doing." He continued. Aurora's brain was filled with a bunch of questions as to why such a handsome adonis would to want to continue a conversation with her. She had always been an over-thinker, questioning everything that comes to mind. It was a bad habit of hers and she knew it.

Here he was, dressed in another expensive looking suit with his hair slicked back, looking tidier than the day before. He looking like a greek god, while she was a mess- a literal one. And frankly, she thought she looked like shit.

"Yea, um, I get like this when I'm working," Aurora closed her eyes for a second, cringing at herself for sounding so awkward.

Another awkward pause. She hated it. She hated awkward silences.

Why was she so awkward? She had always been slightly awkward with people she barely knew, but she didn't know why she was feeling especially awkward with a man she didn't know at all.

"I should let you continue working then."

Without waiting for her reply, the grey eyed man started to turn away. But before she could stop herself, Aurora suddenly found herself blurting out words without thinking, once again.

"No!" Her voice was raised slightly, disrupting the quiet atmosphere in the cozy cafe, hence causing a few heads to turn in her direction. Aurora could feel her cheeks begin to warm up in embarrassment, as her eyes widened in shock. She gave them an apologetic look, while the man turned back to face her with a surprised look on his face.