Chapter 14, Together

A/N: Just a heads up, make sure you read the chapters in order because I'll be posting a lot of chapters soon and y'all might accidentally skip a chapter in the process

"This is it

"This is it... We'll be caught," I whisper. 

Peering through a veil of leaves, I spot my pursuer and step back behind the spruce tree with my back pressed against the coarse bark. Don't make a sound, I beg my companion. I can feel my heart beating in my throat. 

How did it get to this point? The day started out fine... It's been four days since we got Owen back. And other than some medication, the doctor only recommended bed rest with someone to stretch his legs for him - Nessa was eager to volunteer. Truth be told she wanted to stretch more than his legs but let's not get into that right now.

The wedding is three days away... Everything has changed and to save myself, I fled to the forest just outside the Northern Estate. Not even Xavier can help me... He doesn't even know that I'm being chased down and threatened.

But it's okay... I just shouldn't get caught. Hearing leaves break under footsteps not too far away, I try breathing as quietly as possible. I try and fail at slowing my fluttering heart. This can't be good for my health. Calm down, Amber. Calm the hell down. You won't get caught...

But, because bad luck syndrome is strong with me, my companion chickens out and runs away barking.

"Pollock! You traitorous coward!" I call out as I jump from my hiding spot. He runs straight back to Isabella's - probably to Paul if I'm guessing right. I'm about to start cursing my dog again, but I make eye contact with my pursuer.

"Amberry, ye better get in the fookin' dress," Nessa threatens.

"Lingerie doesn't count as a dress!" I cry out before I start sprinting towards the wall surrounding Isabella's. I leap for the wall - grabbing hold of the top and pulling myself up. Once on my feet, I start running along the thick wall towards the east end of the estate. Nessa is quick in pursuit - her six-inch heels somehow making her run faster than humanly possible.

"Ye need to seduce the dipshit at yer honeymoon! I want wee lil' shits running around this borin' hoose!" Nessa calls out.

And for the millionth time today, I blush like an idiot. Every time anyone even thinks of mentioning the honeymoon, I have the sudden urge to run away. It's like the inner gang is trying to tease me to an early death. I let that embarrassment fuel me to run faster and only when I spot something out of place next to the wall, do I bother to stop.