Chapter 26, Heroes aren't brave

A/N: Please remember to vote :)

I watch Amber and Xavier kiss and the crowd cheers

I watch Amber and Xavier kiss and the crowd cheers. I hate it. I hate it so much, because I know it's the right choice. Amber is with the person she belongs to. I just hate that I'm not that person. God, I've always been selfish. It's in my blood.

"Owen's calling. You can cut it," one of the twins say and the one holding the camera stops the video.

Hearing a scuffle coming from the wall to my left, I close the laptop in front of me and glance over with a sad smile.

Jane is standing on top of the wall - her pistol slowly lowering as she realizes the wedding venue is empty. Her eyes land on me and I  watch her knuckles turn white as she grips her gun. "Bowmen," she growls and jumps down the wall - heading over to me. For a moment I really believe this is it. That Jane's going to kill me, but...

"Jane, hold it!" I hear Kyle say. I lean back to look behind Jane and my brother jumps down the wall as well. He looks around the decorated, but empty wedding venue and sighs as he walks over to me. The rest of the armed group of gang members, scale the wall and look around surprised. 

Kyle's here... He's actually here...

"What's going on here, brother?" Kyle asks.

"Bowmen, this better not be what I think it is!" Jane yells at my brother.

I laugh. Without being able to control myself, I start laughing without a care.

"Where are they?" Kyle asks - more impatient this time. He won't be able to ignore Jane for much longer. The girl is beyond fuming at this point. She starts ordering her men to look around and see if they can find anything or anyone. 

"She was right," I say through laughter. "Amber just knew you too well."

"I've never even met the girl," Kyle says - clearly getting annoyed with my chaotic laughter. This is no joke to him, but it's his serious expression that only gets me to laugh harder. The way he swipes his dark hair back in frustration. 

"And that's the beauty of it," I chuckle, "Amber has never met you, and yet she was so damn right about you!" My stomach starts to hurt from laughter and I wipe away a tear.