Chapter 50, Weak

A/N: Guys, we are officially halfway through the final book since there will be 100 chapters 'o'

For the first time in ten years, I wake up with more than two hours' worth of sleep. I know I had a dream, but the memory is just out of reach.

I open my eyes and stare at the dull ceiling above. The curtains are drawn so it's still rather dark, but I can hear morning birds. It's still quiet. Not yet time for everyone to get to work in the house it seems, but feeling energized, I sit up. 

My neck hurts. I look down at my bed. No pillows. No blankets. Usually I'm fine with that, but maybe I should invest in a pillow at the very least. Feeling awake, I get up and get ready for the day, taking an icy shower and throwing on some casual clothes. Normally I'm dressed in more formal attire, but I'm in the mood to take a day off, leavingmy bullet proof vest and gun straps.

Before I leave, I make a pit stop in the bathroom and open the cabinet. I stare at the pills. Sean suggested I go down to 4 MGs for a while before I stop and that's how it started, but now I'm anxious. Is it okay to just stop? Sean made it sound like these pills were bad, but just stopping them could cause problems too.

I bite the inside of my cheek and expect the ticking in my head to appear, but it doesn't. Making my decision, I leave the medication.

Heading out, there's a weird feeling in my legs. I kind of feel... bouncy? My cheeks hurt from being in a state of repressing a smile and my hands tingle for some reason. I reach the grand foyer of the house where the two staircases form a crescent bowl and my desk sits on the elevated center between the two stairs. It looks so cold. That glass and iron desk. I slowly walk up the stairs and stare down at the metallic surface. It's much too large, I decide, and probably heavy too. I mean, I could still probably kick it, but it would be too heavy for even two people to carry. I pause when I spot my reflection in the silver of the surface.

Today I give Sean a present.

Will he like it? I get anxious just thinking about it, but last night I made sure to have the present arrive just so I could show it to him. It took up quite a lot of time and was a hassle, but I really wanted it to be here today. I check my watch and it's six AM. Is it too early to wake Sean up?