7

"oh yeah, ciaran is dating some girl named jasmine. she's probably using him or cheating on him. i honestly don't care for either of them," skye said and went back to her seat with her girlfriend.

"don't even waste your time with ciaran, seriously summer," skye looked at me from across the room with a serious face. "i don't want you to get hurt by him," she continued.

"i promise i won't. i won't even speak to him tonight," i said.

——————————

"okay, we have to leave around 4:30 ish to get to the venue in time," skye said trying to pack herself a mini bag.

blu was already packed up and ready and so was i. skye on the other hand, shes always been like this. she takes forever to get ready and it drives everyone insane.

"come on now skye, we are going to run late," blu perked up from the kitchen. she was sitting at the table and i was still in the living room.

"i'm hurrying, i actually have real things to pack unlike you," she said.

"fruit snacks and my switch is all i need," she scoffed at her.

we left around 5:00; obviously late. we all jammed out to bts songs as we drove there. we still made it in time because not even brockhampton was there yet.

"that's usually like them, they are probably eating somewhere," skye said as we were getting out of the car. we went through the back to get inside and low and behold matt and apollo were actually there.

"woah.... summer?" apollo perked up and walked over towards me. "how did you get... here?"

"um... i'm actually friends with the opening act," i said.

"oh shit really? it's like i know more about you everyday. alsooooo if you didn't know matt and ciaran and the others you met are actually in a collective," apollo said.

"yeah, i figured that out and something else.... i actually wanted to talk to you about something,"

skye and blu went to the room that skye was meant for. i pulled apollo more to the side and looked down.

"remember when you and matt mentioned some 'jas' girl?" i spoke softly, looking down and playing with my thumbs.

"baby you gotta speak up, what the hell are you saying?" she said crossing her arms around her chest.

"is ciaran talking to someone named jasmine?" i looked up at her.

"ah shit... listen summer, i'm not going to lie to you but he does have a girlfriend. but they aren't really a thing. jasmine ain't shit and if she wants to catch these hands again she will. and if she tried anything or ciaran, remember i keep a baby glock," she said with serious tone.

"no... he didn't do anything. i just wanted to know so i could stop messing around and getting my hopes up," i said. i leaned in for a hug and she wrapped her arms around me.

"i really don't do hugs but i think you need it right now summer," she patted my back awkwardly and pulled away.

"just keep your distance when the rest of the guys pull up. i feel like it would be weird, ya know?"

"for sure," i nodded and we parted ways. i went into skye's assigned room and her and her girlfriend were once again listening to bts and playing animal crossing.

"y'all are so cute," i smiled and sat with them.

an hour passed and it was around the time for skye to soundcheck. we all got out the room and the sound guys guided skye and blu to the stage and they got skye quickly set up and ready for a soundcheck. i decided to stay behind and watch from the sides.

"summer?" a familiar voice from behind me says. i turn around there he was, ciaran.

"what do you want ciaran? you've been avoiding me and shit," i scoffed and looked at him with a disgusted face.

"listen, i'm sorry about that. i've been busy with some things... but why are you here?"

"yeah whatever." i rolled my eyes. "i'm here to support my friend, skye. and why didn't you tell me you were in a collective?" i asked.

"i didn't feel like it was important and some people in town knew about us. i figured you knew as well." he shrugged.

"well, i didn't. i really don't have time for you right now ciaran. please... just go away or something," i turned back around to watch skye's soundcheck.

——————————

"skye you did amazing out there!" i smiled and hugged her when she came from the stage.

"thank you so much summer, it means a lot," she said. she grabbed a towel and dabbed her head with it to get the sweat off.

"man it's hot as fuck up there," she said. she took her bass guitar off and we walked back to the room she was assigned and blu was already there.

"oh you're finally back babe," she smiled, getting up and hugging skye. she gave skye a kiss on her cheek and pulled away to grab her a cold water. this is the most emotion i've seen from blu, she's very shy.

"you're such an angel blu," she smiled and pecked her lips.

"ugh, love," i sighed and had an annoyed expression on my face.

"awww, you'll find the one. i promise!" blu said and grabbed a fruit snack for skye.

"do you want one summer?" i nodded and she tossed me one. i ate my feelings away in fruit snacks.

a knock was at the door, i got up and answered it and it was ciaran.

"are you serious dude? what do you want?" i asked and rolled my eyes so hard.

"i wrote this song the night we had met, i'm going to perform it today and i want you to listen. if you want to listen you can," he said and walked away.

i shut the door and let out a big sigh. i sometimes wish i never even met ciaran.

"it's okay boo, i swear," blu said and tossed me another pack of fruit snacks. i ate my feelings away in fruit snacks x2.

after about 20 minutes of sulking i decided to watch the set. i went to the side and they had a cool stage setup. i looked at ciaran, he soon turned and our eyes met. i could feel butterflies in my stomach and i absolutely hated it.

i kept watching and ciaran had grabbed a guitar from the back of the stage. he started singing into the mic at the front of the stage.

"was i more than it's worth or will
you see my name and i'll fade
pitch my camp in your mind
sat by the fire.... behind your eyes
and i'll look through them just once
or twice but i might see some shit i
don't like, like your hands in his shirt
entwined in cotton, his loving smirk"

i kept on listening and i started to tear up a bit. i didn't even know what to feel anymore at this point.

a/n:
ahhhhhh a longer chapter this time around hehe. i hope y'all enjoyed this part! leave a like and comment! i'm literally already writing the next part lmao this shit about to get wild.
stay safe <\3 - nia