1

finally, i can say i have fully graduated high school and now can start my summer before going into my first year of college. no more waking up at 4 am everyday, dealing with hormonal ass teenagers, drama, and fed up people; at least i hope so, i plan to have a stress free summer.

ive been finishing unpacking the rest of my boxes to my new apartment, my mom and i decided that it would be best to move out and experience life for my own. we've been moving for about a month now, my best friend, ximena was chilling on my futon in the living room while i was unpacking the last bit of stuff i had.

"hey we should go to this party tonight," ximena said, munching on a bag of hot cheetos while scrolling through twitter on her phone.

"what?" i raised an eyebrow and looked at her in confusion.

"you heard me, theres a party going on with a few friends i know and he invited me. we should definitely go," she said.

"girl- i know you lying,"

"i'm being for real! it's the start of summer and i think you should go with me. pleassssssse summmmmmmmer," she was looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

i sighed, tapping my nails on the kitchen counter, "fuck it, we have nothing else to do," i said to her.

so that's exactly what we did. we went to the party she was talking about. she gave me the address and god damn it was kinda far but hey, i told myself i'm going to have a good summer and a party is a party. ximena and i finally arrived and it was decent sized house. there was already a few cars lined on the block so i parked behind a car, we got out and made our way inside the house.

as soon as you walk in you can smell weed, alcohol, the music was great, seemed like there was some oldies playing. everyone was having a good time, almost had a 90s party vibe feel to it.

"hey ximena, you made it!" her friend said to her. he was dark skinned, average height and built.

"hey ian," she said and gave her a hug. i kinda just stood there awkward until he realized and he looked at me, clearing his throat.

"you invited your friend... your name is?"

"summer," i said and gave a half assed wave and awkward smile.

"it's nice to meet you summer, well um... i'm going to be in the kitchen if y'all need a drink," ian said and pointed to where the kitchen is. i nodded but ximena followed behind him as soon as he said it. she likes party's and getting drunk and high. i do too but i didn't feel it tonight.

i looked around the pool of people i was surrounded by and decided to take a seat that was at the couch. i pulled out my phone and sighed. i could've done this shit at my own house. a few minutes pass and someone sat next to me, i tried to peep through the corner of my eye.

"i know you see me summer," that voice was familiar, i know exactly who it is.

"joziah, what the fuck are you doing here," i said and shifted my body away from him.

"baby, it's a party. i'm not allowed to go to a party," he said, leaning in closer to me. you could smell the alcohol on him.

"get away from me," i said in a more demeaning voice. i tried to push him away and i got up and away from him. i shoved through everyone and i find my way to the bathroom. thank god there was no one in here. i closed the door, locking it and looked at myself in the mirror. i couldn't help but just cry, seeing him makes everything bad. joziah made my life hell, literally. i heard a knock on the door, and someone trying to jiggle the handle.

"the bathroom is occupied, thanks," i said to whoever was on the other side. after about 5 minutes i decide to get out the bathroom and walk outside, i sat on the grass in the lawn, crossing my legs and wiping my eyes clear. i took out my wax pen and took a long drag of if, blowing out the smoke. my wax pen makes me happy.

there were a group of people and i felt like they were talking about me or something because i could tell they were looking my way. i put my head down and i was soon met with the group in front of me.

"are you okay?" one of them asked. i looked up at him and oh man, he was hot as fuck.

"uh-yeah. yeah, i'm fine." i said and got up from the grass wiping off whatever i could've had on me.

"doesn't seem like it. we saw you crying, do you wanna hang out with us?" another one said. it was 4 of them. i nodded my head and they led me to backyard where there was chairs and tables we could hang around.

"oh shit, sorry to be rude but i'm ciaran" the one that i thought was hot as fuck said.

"i'm hk,"

"i'm jabari,"

"i'm joba,"

"well, i'm summer," i said and waved at them.

and with that we talked the rest of the night. they were the funniest dudes i know and we literally just met. but the whole time i couldn't keep my eyes off ciaran. his laugh, his smile, the way he's kinda slick in the mouth, just something about him.

"well, it's 2 am, it's late now. i have to find my friend and probably get going,"

"do you need me to get you home," ciaran asked me. goddddd i will suck your dick right now.

"i drove here, i'll be good," i smiled and he nodded.

"but before you go, here's my number, just let me know you made it home safe," he said and gave me his number. i put it in the notes app and smiled.

"thank you all so much for your time, i appreciate it," i smiled and found ximena. she was cross faded and i sighed, laughing a little bit when she slurred her words.

"heyyyyyyy summmmmmer," she said i giggled.

"hi ximena, lets go home okay?" i said and helped her to my car.

"but but but, joziah and i were in there talking," she said, i was in shock and kinda froze. i helped her in the car and buckled her in.

"what happened in there?" i asked her, starting to drive towards home. she had her head pressed to the window and her eyes closed.

"wellllll we were just kissing and stuff. ya know- he's super cute" she said. i could feel my blood boil and i got super mad.

"are you kidding me? after everything him and i been through? you hooked up with him?" i said and started to drive faster.

"summer chillll out. sheeeesh. you know, i did give him head when y'all were dating but you were in texas," she said slurring her words.

"my grandma fucking died! what the fuck?!"

"wellllllllll she shouldn't of died! he got bored and so was i and-" next time thing you know there's puke all over my car.

what a way to start my fucking summer.

( a/n: i got bored and i'm kinda just going to wing this story lmao. i got inspired by the audio in the thing so here we go )