»» 14

Minju bends down to pick up the cup cakes but she pauses.

"oh, Lee-y/n.....I'm so sorry....you meant to give this to Lee-jeno for his birthday, didn't you..." Minju says with tears rolling down her face looking at her you feel sad and you bend down and pat her back with you hands.

"don't cry, it's nothing. I'll just go buy him something!" You say with a smile on your face to cheer her up.

"I didn't do it on purpose, I swear...." Minju say with a head held down.

"I'll go with you! I'll pay, too! Let me take responsibility for this!" Minju says standing up from her position.

"It's fine, the party is at six! So Jeno should be pretty busy right now. You go ahead and help, okay?"

"But..."

"It's fine, I promise! I'll head over right after I buy a gift" you say and push Minju in the direction of Lee-jeno's house so that she would go

"Okay.... Good-bye..."

"Go to help, quickly! Bye!"you smile at her and you both see off each other waving your hands, once minju is gone the smile which was on your face a while ago disappears, you stand there with your head held down, people just pass by and you bend down to pick up the cakes, then put them in your bag, lift it up and start walking without any emotions on your face just life a lifeless person.

••••• At Jeno's house*

"Happy Birthday, Lee-Jeno" everyone shouts in unison with their cups held up for a toast in his name, Jeno keeps on talking to people while Minju helps in looking after the food and other things.

"oh no, we're out of cups! I'll go get some more from the kitchen." Minju says holding the tray

"If it's, not too much trouble, Minju?"

"No need to be so polite, Lee-jeno!" Minju says goes inside to get some cups.

Ding Ding*

As the bell I rung Jeno goes and opens the door and his smile widened when he saw the person on the door.

"you're here, Na-Jaemin! Please come in!" Jeno says excitedly.

"Yo, Jeno. Sorry I'm late" Jaemin causally greets jeno at the door

"Happy Birthday!"

"Haha, thanks!" Jaemin places a gift on Jeno hands and they continue talking.

"Hey look, it's Na-Jaemin, that First-year boy "

"He is as handsome as the other girls say!"

Both the girl's start getting excited after seeing him

"Lee-y/n isn't with you?" Jeno ask Jaemin with a confused look after not seeing y/n with him.

"ha? Why would she be with me?" Jaemin says with a casual smile on his face "but that means she is still no here, huh?" Jaemin says getting serious all of a sudden.