RUN

"Stephen!"

The whole palace erupted from Vincent's distress call of his mate. First thing in the morning and he founds his bed cold empty, Stephen long gone from bed.

"Stephen!" He shouted from the palace halls ignoring the servants who greeted him good morning.

"Where is my mate!" His voice caused fear in everyone that was near and could not help but kneel in submission.

"W-we saw him at the garden, your highness." One maid bravely said in hopes to ease the anger of their king.

Vincent did not waste any seconds and was already now stepping foot of the garden. There he saw his mate smelling some of the new bloomed roses. Vincent immediately ran to his side using his inhumans speed causing Stephen to jolt in surprise.

"You worry me when I woke up alone in our bed." Vincent said in between breath.

Stephen blush in return as the other vampires where deeply focused on them.

"I did not wish to wake you. Not when you were sleeping so soundly." Stephen replied still glued into a tight embrace of his mate.

Stephen manage to convince Vincent that everything was okay, and no harm came to him. No assassins. No nothing.

They were now sitting- staring to the now abundant garden that was once dead.

Vincent admired the scenery and felt proud of his mate by bringing colors back of this dull palace.

It has been such a long time.

As Stephen sip his cup of tea, Vincent could not help but stare at his mate who blended well with the flowers that were blooming. Stephen noticed his actions and could not help but blush as he asked what was bothering him.

Yet Vincent's only reply was;

"Beautiful."

By this Stephen's blush had become darker and could not help but lightly smack his arm in return.

"Enough with your foolishness and just enjoy your drink." He said ignoring his adoring eyes.

Just when everything was quiet, a man interrupted the comforting silence and said;

"Your Majesty. I bring news of the human named Seth."

Stephen spilled his tea in anticipation and could not help his heart beat faster.

"Did you found him?" Vincent ask as he held his mate's hand- assuring him that everything was alright.

"Yes. We traced his scent to the wolf's territory. Unfortunately we could no longer get any closer, as they might think we are starting a war against them."

"Is he alive?" Stephen asked in much distress of his voice.

"Yes. He is alive. But apart from that we do not know anymore."

Stephen made a relieved expression as he relaxed his grip at his mate's hand.

"You're dismiss." Vincent said and the man excused himself.

"I hope he's okay." Stephen said as he started to constantly bite his nails.

Vincent grab his hands and clasp them together with his as he uttered words of encouragement.

"Your little friend is okay."

"How can we be so sure? He is at the wolf's territory."

Vincent shrug Stephen's doubt as he confidently said;