AROUSED

"Mate?!" I exclaimed as I gesture towards Seth and the man.

"Seth is this true? Are you really mated with him?" I asked hoping something different of an answer. However, Seth could only nod and turned his nape towards me. And there it was, a mark of a werewolf.

I'm no different though. I too, was also marked by Vincent. But I could still not believe that Seth would be mated with the man he was with. All the time he was very possessive towards him and could not ignore the fact that he must have treasure Seth dearly.

"Say your farewell, my love..." Vincent said after pulling me out from my shocked state. Truth be told Seth was equally dumbfounded when Vincent addresses me as 'my love'. He blushed at that and so did I...

I can't believe me and Seth are both mated with creatures not of our kind. It was not unheard of, but definitely not common.

"Alpha Erik... and to my beloved's friend... We shall see you at the gathering." Vincent said before slowly dragging me out of the library. I was reluctant to go but Seth assured me that he would be fine, and I best be on our way.

"I'll see you soon Seth!" I say one last time.

Seth smiled and shouted promises that he will be there.

As soon as we got inside the carriage Vincent have not let me out of his side. I was confused since his actions were overly protective, and was obviously not pleased the whole ride.

I was tightly wrapped around his arms as I sat on his lap. He has not said a single word... He just lays his head on my shoulder in silence.

I grab his cheeks with my cold hands and said;

"What is wrong?" I asked sincerely worried.

His eyes meets mine, relief that he was not mad at me with the whole ordeal.

"You have broken your promise..." He solemnly responded.

This took me by surprised. Have I made any promises at all? I was feeling confused and Vincent was even depressed when I could not recall what promise I just made with this sulking vampire. But then I remember...

"Are you mad because I suddenly left your side back at the village." I say still cupping his sulking face. He nodded in response.

"If I have not been there on time you would have been badly hurt back there."

Recalling the incident now the werewolf was indeed about to attack me. A cold shiver engulfs my form as I imagine being clawed by that man.

Now I was feeling guilty.

"I'm sorry... I wanted to bring some books from the library as a keep safe. I didn't expect anything would happen at all." I say. "I'm really sorry..."

"Do you know what I thought when you we're not behind me when I turned around? I thought I lost you forever. After finding you and Erik almost attacking you, I swore I would rage war against them. Fuck the treaty!" He said eyes flashing red but then turned back to it's natural color.

I lowered my head as I have nothing more to say. I didn't actually thought I'd met Seth there, nor would I encounter a wolf.

Is he disappointed with me?

Does he hate me?

With those thoughts in mind I could feel my eyes burning, tears threatening to fall. Then it was Vincent who was now cupping my cheeks. I did not make any eye contact. I was too embarrassed to look at him.

"Why are you crying?" Vincent asked in disdain. "Did he actually hurt you?!"

I shook my head in response.