TRANQUILITY

A women in red hood is currently in a suspicious tavern in the depths of night. She made sure to hide her identity from these mercenaries to avoid detection from her rebellious schemes against her own kingdom.

She wanted to be queen. She was made to be one. All the training, all the lessons, was all for naught after his majesty Vincent Dracula found his mate.

"There 1000 gold coins inside this bag as partial payment. Just be ready when it's time to attack. Wait for a raven to send you a message and stay hidden for now." She said meticulously explaining the plan.

The mercenaries looked unimpressed with the amount if gold coins she presented.

"How come a noble vampire making a deal with a mercenary?"

Taken aback of his remarks, she did not expect them to be able to recognize her. She gathered her thoughts preventing her from panicking.

"I thought mongrels like you don't ask questions. Just take the damn coins and wait for my command." She snarled at them. However, this only made the mercenaries laugh hesterically.

But then the man who she was negotiating with, raise his hand and everyone went silent.

"As you wish... Lady Karla." He says as he grabs the sack of coins.

"Hmmp! I thought so. That's what you barbarians are good for. Killing. Once you do as I say you will have your own patch of land when I become queen. But if you end up failing me, I will feed you to the hounds myself." She threatens the unnerved mercenaries.

Karla got up and left the tavern leaving a bunch of irritated mercenaries to their own thoughts.

"Are you really taking her side in this war captain?" A man asked to their leader.

"Now who said we were taking her side."

"But you accepted her coins. Our codes says we mu-" The man wasn't able to finish his sentence when the leader raise his hand and stop him.

"He called me barbarian. That hurt me." The leader jestterly said making a stabbing motion to his heart. "The code does not apply to people like her." Suddenly his funny demeanor change into a completely different person. Everyone gulped as they saw their leader becoming more serious than ever.

...

Meanwhile...

"It is done father." Karla said to the man setting opposite to her.

"Did they recognize you?"

"Unfortunately they knew it was me from the start." Karla said showing a distasteful expression on her face. "Do we really need them? I can find more men to join our army father, Luther and his men cannot be trusted."

Karla tried to pursuade his father to keep Luther away from their plans.

"Luther is a skilled assassin Karla. We need him to our side before he has the chance to choose sides. His skills are a match with his majesty."

"How can we be sure that he won't betray us!" Karla was still not comfortable with Luther joining the rebellion.

"He's a man who lives by the rules. He already accepted the gold, so he will keep his end of the bargain. He is that type of man who would do anything for gold. You know that better than anyone Karla. After all, he choose money over you." The elder vampire said to her obviously fuming daughter after being reminded of her past fling.

Seeing that her daughter's eyes turned bloody crimson he laughs inside his head.

"Oh my foolish daughter... There's no need to fret. Soon you'll have all the man you want once you become queen." He said gently brushing her hands to her daughter's cheeks.