Chapter Two

As I get in the bathroom, I quickly turn the shower on and remove my clothing

As I get in the bathroom, I quickly turn the shower on and remove my clothing. I get in and lather up my loofah with my jasmine-scented body wash. As I start scrubbing my body, I start thinking of Nate. Thinking of us being alone tomorrow after my meeting, we need the time to ourselves. I continue washing my body, then shampoo and condition my hair. Once I finish, I turn the shower off, wrap a towel around my hair, and another around my body, and head to my bedroom. Once I'm all dry, I start to spread coconut oil all over my body and decide to throw on my black lace strapless bra with the panties to match, then put my robe on and just wait for everyone to come. As seven rolls around, the girls finally arrive, barging in my house, and sometimes, I regret giving them a key.

"Hey, hun. We put together an outfit for you," says Alexis. I take the dress out of the bag, and it's an off the shoulder leather Jacket-dress with black heels.

"This looks sexy, Alexis, thank you." I smiled at her

"You're welcome. I know Nate can't wait to see you in this." she says

"Girl, I'm so happy you're coming out with us. I feel like we never see you anymore." Kimberley talks in a sad tone.

I honestly regret not spending time with my best friends. They've been here for me through everything. They were here when I had my first crush, when I had my first boyfriend and when I lost my virginity. They were there to pick me up when my mother passed away, spending countless days and nights watching me unravel when I found out a drunk driver killed her. Days and nights I've spent drunk at home to numb the pain I was feeling.
I do my makeup and put on my dress and shoes, deciding to leave my hair curly since I just washed it.

"Girl, you look hot in that. My brother will love it!" Kim says, smiling. Oh yeah, I forget to mention, Nate has a little sister who happens to be my very best friend.

"Yes, girl, I love it!" Alexis chirps.

With us, three already dressed, we open the bottle of Ciroc vodka and start downing shots. As we sat mingling and consuming drinks, Nate and Joseph stroll into the house around 9. "Hey baby, you're looking sexy," he says, kissing my neck.

"Thank you, my love, and you're looking sexy yourself." I giggled.

"Alright, can we go before y'all start making out?" Joseph says as his eyes travel up and down my body, biting his lip as Nate pours himself a drink.

Joseph and Nate have been best friends forever, and Joseph has always had a crush on me. Sure he's attractive, but I'd never act on it. I'm also starting to notice that Nate sees Joseph from time to time looking at me, but he never says anything, and I have no idea why.

"Yeah, let's go. Just a heads up, Adonis and Sophia will be joining us at the club as well," Nate says.

"I'm so excited! I haven't seen Sophia and Adonis in so long; come on, guys, let's go!" Kimberley says, taking another drink.