Across the room // J.A.

This ones happy, I PROMISE 😂💓!
———————————————————————————

Sitting in my room staring at the ceiling I start to wonder if I should get up or just have a lazy day.

"Y/n! Get up sweaty!" My mom yells from downstairs. Well there's my answer. I think to myself. I push myself out of bed and walk to my closet, "I guess I should at least try to look nice today.

I decide to put my hair into a messy bun and put on:

(You can change it if you like!)

I then brush my teeth and head downstairs. Once I reach the bottom step I'm attacked by my dog Izzy. "Hi Izzy baby!" I say petting the big dog playfully.

I walk into the living room and see both my parents sitting in there lounge chairs. My dad has his computer sitting on his lap and my mom has her coffee and book. I clear my throat to break the silence of the room.

"Oh! Hey sweets." My dad says seeing me now in the living room. "Morning!" I say walking over to the couch grabbing my cat Benny in the process. "We're going to invite the new neighbors over today." My mom says not looking up form her book. "I gotta talk to people?" I say in disbelief. "Yes y/n, you gotta talk to people." My dad says sighing. My mom chuckles and takes a sip from her coffee.

*1 hour later*

My moms now in the kitchen making a cheese and cracker tray, as my dad makes some homemade tea with lemons. (That all sounds so good right now!) I decided to sketch a bit so I got out my journal and wrote out my ideas. I ended up drawing:

Then I hear the door ring and my mom squeak with joy

Then I hear the door ring and my mom squeak with joy. I jump at her sudden excitement. I brush it off going back to my sketches. My dad brings out the drinks and food to the coffee table. Brent starts to climb all over my lap and on my notebook. "Hey bens.." I say silently, giggling slightly.

"Y/n, meet our new neighbors." My mom says looking at me from the walkway. I look up making eye contact with a boy from across the room.

He looked my age around 5"5, 5"6. He had short bleached hair and brown eyes.

I feel the blood rush to my cheeks as I analyze his features carefully. "Y/n!" My mom says getting embarrassed over my sudden spacing out. "Oh sorry mom!" I say coming back to earth.

I walk over to the new people, standing by my parents. "Y/n, this is Kristin with her kids, Sydnie, Jack, Isla, and Ava." My mom says as I look at each kid. Finding out that the only boys name is jack.

"Come sit!" My dad says as he ushers everyone further into the house. I go back to the couch and sit were I was sitting earlier and grabbing my journal again. "She's pretty!" I overhear from Isla Ava and Sydnie. I giggle slightly but not making a big deal out of it.

I feel a dip in the couch beside me. I look up seeing jack sitting next to me. "Hey! I'm jack." He says to me. "Yeah, I'm y/n.." I say smiling slightly. "Your really pretty!" I hear someone say. I look to my left beside jack, and see Isla and Ava. "Thank you.." I say blushing a bit. "Jack says you look really pretty to!" Isla says giggling and walking away with Ava. I look back jack. Both mine and his face beat red.

"Is that true?" I ask quietly. "Y-yeah.." he says blushing harder. "Oh, nice." I look down at my hands and smile to myself.

I'm going to warm up to this jack real quick.

Sorry it's so short. I'm tired. 😔🤣❤️