The Confession - Wendy

I don't know how long it is before she pulls away. My heart was beating so fast during that. My stomach was doing flips and I felt dizzy and I love her so much.

Irene sits and gives me a sort of satisfied look before becoming shocked and realizing what she'd done. "Oh my God- Wendy- I'm so sorry, I don't know what-"

I shut her up with another kiss. This time I push her so she's lying down on the bed and I'm right on top of her. I pull away and roll off so I'm right beside her. "You don't need to apologize." I turn my head to face her.

Irene faces me as well. I've never seen a bigger smile on her face. She's just beautiful. Her eyes are twinkling just looking at me. I can get lost in her eyes. I knew how I felt about her for a long time. I just denied it.

She takes her hand and brushes a piece of hair off my face. "You're beautiful."

I smile, my eyes closing as her finger brushes my eyelid. "So are you."

It's as if all my stress disappears at once when she leans in and gives me another kiss. I pull away a few seconds in this time and I hear Irene let out a small whine.

"Should we finish the movie?" I sit up.

"Sure," she says. "Sorry."

"You didn't do anything," I say as I lean on the pillow. "It's almost done."

We sit underneath the blankets hand in hand as I reach for the laptop. I set it on my legs and I press play. I can feel Irene grip my hand tighter from time to time when she gets scared by a loud sound from the movie. I can't help but smile every time she does. She's just so adorable. By the end of the movie, she finds herself in tears.

I haven't seen her cry that many times. I've seen the movie about 3 times before so I wasn't as sad as she was. "Are you okay now?"

"Yeah," Irene says, her voice cracking. 

"Are you sure?" I say, not hesitating to wrap my arms around her. I feel her breaths through my shirt.

"Yeah," she says, moving her head back. I let go.

She sits up and moves a little bit to her edge of the bed. I stare at her. She's biting her lip like she's nervous. I'm feeling kind of nervous, too.

"Are we not going to talk about what happened?" I finally say.

Her eyes meet mine. "Yeah, uh..."

I swallow. "Listen, I-"

"I was tired," she says.

"Yeah," I lie. "Me too."

We're silent for the next few minutes. I'm trying not to meet her eyes again. If I do then I'll have to talk. I know I was lying. I wasn't tired. I'm scared. I really do love her, but we can't act like this. Not if we want to still be in Red Velvet anymore.

I have to tell her the truth. It's not like me to lie. I lied to my friend once when I was younger and my stomach started to hurt so badly from the guilt. I look at her.

"I lied," I say.

"What?" she says, looking at me.

"I lied," I repeat. "I wasn't tired. I knew what I was doing. Listen, Irene, this is going to sound really weird but I need to tell you."

She turns her entire body to face me.

"I love you," I say.

Irene smiles sort of nervously. "Well yeah, I love you too."

"No, not like that," I look away. "I mean I love you. The kind of love that makes you feel dizzy and hot and crazy all at once, and I know that it's wrong because we'll lose everything and that's the complete opposite of what I want."

Irene starts laughing. I look at her with a perplexed expression. "What?"

"Nothing," she says. "It's just funny."

"What about it's funny?" I say, slightly annoyed.

"Because I love you too, Seungwan-ah," she says. "The kind of love that makes you feel dizzy and hot and crazy all at once."

I stare at her. "What?"

"I  kissed you," she says. "I mean, how could I not? You're everything. You're beautiful, funny, kind, amazing. You're perfect."

A smile stretches across my face. "So this isn't weird?"

"Of course not," she says. "It's love."