The Video - Wendy

In truth, I don't want to sit next to Joy. But they can't know how I feel about Irene.

I'd lose my job. I'd lose my friends. Everything I know right now would be lost. I could tell that Irene was getting uncomfortable when Joy started asking her about Eric, so I helped her.

She gave me a silent thank you by nodding. I smiled at her. I really want to throw these crutches away just so she can hold my hand the next time we walk, but I know she wouldn't like that. She just wants me to be safe.

The limo stops and we arrive at our house. Everyone gets out before I do so they can help me. Joy stretches her hand out. "Let me help you out."

I see Irene behind Joy, her hand stretched as if she was going to do what Joy was doing. I swear I can see Irene's eye twitch as I take Joy's hand.

"Can you stand?" Joy asks.

"Yeah," I say.

"I would've thrown you into Irene if you couldn't," Joy says and I immediately regret my answer. I stand next to Irene as Joy hands me my crutches. "Here."

I thank her and take them. I can see Irene watching me carefully to make sure I don't drop anything or mess up, but that gives me an idea. I drop both my crutches and fake a stumble.

Irene wraps her arms around me before I can fall. "Are you okay?"

"I wouldn't be if you didn't catch me," I say. She smiles at me. I try not to look at her eyes for long. I wasn't lying when I said that you'd fall for her if you looked in her eyes for too long in that one interview.

"Are we going to go inside?" Yeri asks.

Irene breaks eye contact with me and she lets go. "Yeah."

This time, Yeri stays behind and helps me walk to the door. I guess everyone's going to be taking turns helping me now.

Seulgi holds the door open for me and Yeri helps me up to my room. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"Bubble tea," I grin.

Yeri laughs and nods. "I'll get you some."

"Thank you," I say as I sit down on my bed. It feels nice to finally be in my own room again. I was getting sick of seeing the hospital every time I opened my eyes. I fall back onto my bed and then a memory plays in my head.

I just returned from a trip to Toronto visiting my family, and lying down on my bed like this was the first thing I did when I got home. Seulgi had picked me up from the airport but when we got home there was nobody there.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"They're out getting you a gift," Seulgi said.

"Oh," I said. I wanted to see Irene. "I'll be in my room if you need me.."

I went upstairs and I flopped down on my bed the exact way I was laying right now. I let out a huge sigh and pulled my phone out, but I got bored of scrolling through Instagram so I just put it on my chest and closed my eyes.

Suddenly then, Irene, Joy, and Yeri popped out from underneath my bed. "BOO!"

I screamed, falling off the bed. Once I saw them laughing I laughed too. I was mostly focusing on Irene and how beautiful her smile is when she laughs. 

"Welcome back!" Joy said, and then everybody hugged me.

They asked me how my trip was and we spoke for a while, and then Joy and Yeri left. Irene stayed.

"Aren't you going to go?" I asked her, getting back on the bed.

"What, you don't want to spend time with your favourite unnie?" Irene said, hopping on the bed with me.

I smiled and opened my laptop. "Watch something with me then."

Irene leaned back on the pillow and rested her head on my shoulder. I leaned my head towards hers. We ended up watching a Stranger Things marathon and she slept in my room because she was too tired to go back to hers.

Now I'm here doing the same thing. I open my laptop and do some browsing on YouTube when I hear a knock on the door. "Wendy?"

"Come in," I say, expecting Yeri with my bubble tea.

It isn't Yeri, it's Irene. She has my bubble tea, though. "Hi."

I can feel my back straighten as I slide over on my bed for her to sit. She joins me and peeks at my screen. "What are you watching?" she hands me my bubble tea.

I take a sip, chewing a bubble. "Just looking through YouTube."

Irene puts her head on my shoulder. I hope she can't feel me shaking. "Let's watch some fan creation things."

"Hm?" I ask.

"You know, those funny moments combined," Irene says. "Just search up Red Velvet funny moments, I'm sure stuff will come up."

I do as she instructs and lots of videos come up. The first one is titled, "Yerimie is NOT having it!" and the thumbnail is a picture of Yeri's classic headphone moment.

"That looks funny," Irene says, referring to the first one.

I click on it. It seems pretty normal at first, it starts off with a clip from a past interview. I was telling Irene that I would help soothe her and then it zooms in on Yeri and plays an old sound effect. Irene chuckles.

The next one is a clip of me telling Irene how she levelled up. When I do it zooms in on Yeri again, and I never noticed how much it looked like she was losing it. The next one is a stream we did and it's me and Irene constantly exchanging glances.

That's when I realize that this was a mistake. Irene must realize what we're watching, too, because she lifts her head off of my shoulder. "I didn't know it was- How could they-"

"It's fine," I click out of it. "People are like that with every group. Not just us."

I give her a reassuring look. Irene gets up. "I'm going to go to my room now."

I bite my lip and nod. That was horrendous. I close my laptop and realize how late it is. I turn the light off in my room and go to sleep.