16. Honeybee

**1 year later**
"Ms. Min, I'm so sorry to have to pull you away from your business trip, but your children's attendance rate is horrible. If they miss anymore school for the rest of the year, they'll be expelled." The principal explained as Yoongi and I sat next to the tall woman.
"My goodness, really? Is this in consideration with (Y/n)'s disease?" She asked politely.
The principal gawked.
"I'm sure you know that my little girl has Pubusmaximus?" Jungkook attempted to keep a straight face as he said those words.
"I'm sorry?"
"It means that she sometimes can't move her legs, and her throat clenches up, making it hard for her to breathe, so she can't be left alone..."
"I am so sorry, Ma'am. I'll make some adjustments." She bowed nicely as we exited the building, entering the van as Jungkook reverted back to himself, and not some weird y'all version of our mother.
"5th one down! You're all done!" Seokjin cheered. "You were so good at being my dad!"he said before he realized how weird it was.
"Thank you, kind sir. Now I get to live for another month." Namjoon 'declared.'
"All in good heart, my subjects..." he played along as Yoongi drove away from school.
"Where to losers?" He asked.
"Burgers!" I yelled, rolling into Taehyung in the back.
"Diner it is." He said as Taehyung fixed my placement and opened his phone, putting it in front of me as my back was to his chest, opening up the games so I could watch him play.
"That transfer kid?! How much did he pay you?" Hoseok yelled as I zoned out.
"Which transfer kid? Nicholas Scott? Cause that one paid nicely..." Jimin said as he flipped his hair.
———-
"Wake up, Honeybee. Taehyung's soft voice stirred me.
I heard birds chirping as I opened my eyes and looked to the front, trees for miles.
"Where are we?" I asked as I sat up in his lap, facing him as I rubbed my eyes.
"The boys wanted to hang in the woods." He said, anticipating my reaction.
I propped myself up by his chest and looked him in the eyes.
"Where's my burger...?" I almost cried as he chuckled and pointed next to him.
I gasped and grabbed his face, showering him with a bajillion kisses.
"Ah, cooties!" He cried before hurrying his face into my neck for protection as the boys pushed and shoved outside.
I took a breath in at the moment, and smiled as his head rested on my shoulder.
"I think I love you..." he hummed into my neck.
I knew I loved him.
It took me a year, but in that moment I knew it with all my heart.
But I couldn't.
"Tell me when you know for sure, Tae." I planted a kiss on his fluffy haired head.
"I can't wait for summer." He said again. "We're gonna stay up for hours drinking wine instead of beer, and we'll watch the sun rise as we sit and talk about anything.. just like last time." he ran circles on my shoulder with his fingers.
"I want that." I hummed. "Just four months, Tae, then we're done with school, and we can finally plan ahead."
"Stop touching my hotdog, your hands smell like an earring backing!" Seokjin insulted as he was chased around by Hoseok outside.
Taehyung chuckled into my hair. "I don't want to leave..."
"We won't ever leave then." I wrapped my arms around him. "But it's cold so gimme your hoodie..."
———
"You landed on tails, drink the fire or put yo ur finger in the beer!" Yoongi yelled at Jungkook as everyone frantically yelled.
He drank from his cup, chugging it down as our team cheered.
"Ten points for team Coochie Dick!" I yelled out and Taehyung hugged me.
"You're not even on my team!" I drunkenly called.
"I'm so proud of you!" He yelled as everyone called him back to his side.
Jungkook ran over and lifted me onto his shoulder with his stupid strength, one of the only things he had left.
"I bring the coochie and she brings the dick! Hoseok brings the fairy house he's building in the corner over there!" Jungkook announced.
"Dream team!" I yelled.
Hoseok gave a sleepy, delayed, "dream... tea..m..!" As he squatted in the dirt, the only light being the fire that he blocked with his shadow as he shoved sticks into the ground.
"Team Kim Seokjin will win!"
"That's not our name!" Namjoon yelled. "We're team Rodrick!"
"Fuck Greg!" The rest of the boys yelled in unison.
"You have 5 members!" I pointed angrily.
"You have the lord of hell!" Yoongi spat out.
I made eye contact with Taehyung, who gave me a sad look as he looked under me, focusing on Jungkook.
"Put her down, Jungkook!" He mumbled.
I felt him tense up under me.
"She's fine with it, Taehyung." He spat back.
"Put her down, she's uncomfortable!" Taehyung yelled.
"She has a mouth, asshole!" Jungkook called as he started stumbling after him.
"Okay! Down, I want down!" I yelled as I began to feel unsafe, and he obeyed instantly.
"Told you." Taehyung rolled his eyes.
"Watch it, coffee boy..." he warned as everyone stood back.
"Or what, you'll pick me up over your shoulder?" He scoffed.
"Oh, I'll show you what I can do." He walked up to him, and immediately Taehyung's fist hit Jungkook's jaw, sending his head to the left.
We all cried out pleas and judgmental noises as Jungkook grabbed his collar in the darkness.
"Stop!" I yelled as I ran over to them, tripping on a root as they began throwing real punches.
I stumbled up from ten ground as I made out what looked like Taehyung charging Jungkook farther into the woods.
"You can't say the shit you've said to me and then throw my girlfriend over your shoulder!" Taehyung growled out.
I limped towards them, eyes watering as the boys all yelled for us as we got farther into the woods.
"Please, stop!" I cried out as I heard another grunt and coughing. "PLEASE GOD STOP!!!" I sobbed out as I followed their sounds.
I caught Taehyung's eyes in the moonlight as he stepped onto even gravel, his eyebrow seeping blood.
"I'm so sorry Honeybee. I just love you too-"
His face was fully illuminated by the headlights of a semi truck, before the cracking sound that followed deafened me.
"NO! PLEASE GOD NO!" I fell to the ground, unable to hold myself up as I shook hard with sobs.
I heard footsteps and voices, the boys.
"What happened?! Is everything okay?!" Yoongi called as the man got out of his truck.
He looked to the road and immediately turned over and threw his insides up.
"YOU BASTARD!" Jungkook yelled as he grabbed the man by the shirt as he sobbed.
Jungkook didn't want him dead. Oh god, not like this...
Jimin pulled out his phone, no emotion in his body as he called 911.
Hoseok just stared at the limp body of one of his family members, 10 feet away in the middle of the road, illuminated in the darkness by the harsh headlights of the truck.
Namjoon and Seokjin were quietly sobbing.
I continued to beg to whatever I could.
"I LOVE YOU TOO TAE! NO NO, PLEASE COME HOME! I PROMISE I LOVE YOU TOO" I quivered in the moonlight as I attempted to drag myself towards him.
———
I woke up in the hospital with a broken leg, unable to think.