C h a p t e r E l e v e n

It wasn't until they were safely back in Nick's apartment that all hell broke loose

"Are you kidding me, Luna!" He exclaimed, as he slammed the door behind him, pacing into the living room, before turning to look at her. Luna almost jumped, his sudden emotion taking her by surprise. "We talked about this, we need to be open with each other! How long has this been a problem, I thought you said Rafa was fine?"

Luna sighed, trying to stay calm. One of them had to.

"When we got back from Canberra," she said quietly. "I tried to talk to him and he just... blanked me."

"So like a week ago? And you didn't think you should tell me about it, you idiot? What happens if suddenly I'm playing him next round and I walk in there like everything's fine. If he's mad, I need to know about it!"

"I'm sorry, okay!" She retorted, suddenly feeling upset. "Don't make me feel worse about this, I already feel bad for not telling you."

"Why didn't you?" He frowned. "Were you ever planning to?"

"Of course I was! I just... I thought maybe there was something else going on between you two that I didn't know about. It was just so random, he told me he was okay, and I should live my own life and all the rest, and suddenly he's mad for no reason!"

"What, so he didn't give you any explanation at all?" Nick sighed, raising his hands in vexation.

"Not really! I didn't get home until like ten at night, and he was just stood there chopping vegetables..."

"Why the hell was he chopping vegetables at ten pm?" Nick interrupted.

"How would I know? Don't question his methods, he's number one for a reason."

"Wow, okay," He rolled his eyes. "Thanks for that."

"That wasn't me attacking you," Luna sighed. "I was just stating a fact."

Nick was silent for a moment, walking around the couch to put some distance between the two of them. He leaned on the back, and eyed his girlfriend of only a few days critically.

"Okay," he shrugged. "So what, he was cutting veggies..."

"Yeah, and I tried to talk to him, and he was just all sullen, and when I asked him what was wrong, because he's not a sullen kind of person, he just snapped back at me. So I asked if he was angry because I was seeing you, and he just told me to leave."

"Oh," said Nick. "So this may not even be about us."

"No, it is," she replied. "What did he say..." she frowned, trying to remember. "Oh, I think I asked him why he was mad if he'd been fine when I texted him when we were in Canberra, and he said 'I know what I said then,' or something like that. I don't know, it was just agro, and not like him at all."