C h a p t e r S e v e n

"You ready?" Asked Nick, looking at the short brunette who stood before him, bag over her shoulder, and a cheeky smile on her face

"You ready?" Asked Nick, looking at the short brunette who stood before him, bag over her shoulder, and a cheeky smile on her face. Luna wasn't really short, but to him, almost everyone seemed that way.

"I was born ready," she stated confidently, raising a hand to run her fingers through the ends of her long hair, her matching brown eyes running over the tarmac and plane curiously. "I shouldn't be surprised you got a private jet, but..."

"Didn't think this would impress you, to be honest," he said teasingly. "Thought you'd be used to this sort of treatment from Rafa."

"Nick do you know one good word I'd use to describe you that I would never use for Rafa?" She asked, turning to smile at him innocently, and Nick couldn't help returning her smile, infectious as it was.

"What?"

"Flamboyant," She stated.

"I swear if you'd said number one I was ready to push you under a car," He laughed. "Come on, are we getting on the plane or not?"

He took her hand, and led her along the tarmac to board the jet by the stairs. Luna looked around at the beautiful dark green interior, with gold trimmings, and chuckled.

"This is what I meant by flamboyant," she stated. "If there wasn't gold I would be disappointed."

"Who sounds like the rich kid now," Nick grinned, tugging on their joined hands to turn her around to face him. He placed his hands at her hips, and raised an eyebrow. "We have an hour on the plane. There are movies, or video games, or food, or... what? Your choice, baby."

Luna raised an eyebrow back at him upon hearing the nickname, but said nothing about it, opting for the video games.

"What games do you have?" She asked.

They ended up playing FIFA, with Nick obviously playing as Tottenham, and Luna as Arsenal. Nick was not a competitive person, however, Luna definitely was, and it made the Australian laugh to see her becoming so invested in the game.

"Don't take this the wrong way," said Luna, glancing briefly at Nick, "But I'm beginning to understand how Rafa feels."

"What's that supposed to mean then?" He chuckled.

"Do you know how frustrating it is that you're beating me, when it seems like you're not even trying? And I know you are, I know you by now. And it's still getting to me."

"I must be one of those frustrating people then," said Nick, shaking his head.

He was quiet for a while, and Luna was worried he had taken her comments personally. She kicked herself mentally, wishing she'd kept her mouth shut.

"Sorry," she said, turning to look at him again. "That came out wrong. Never change, Nick. I think it'd break a lot of hearts if you weren't you."