"Meet us in the lobby." Hugo hung up.

This red-eye flight had really messed up our sleep schedule.

"I'm going to take a shower," Jesper yawned and got up.

He was in his boxers and, even though it was dark, I could still see the outline of his muscles as he moved. Why did we agree to the shared room?

I used the time that he was in the shower to get dressed, and I put on my makeup extra carefully. We were in Paris after all.

Sure, that's the reason.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Jesper and I stepped out of the elevator. I inhaled his familiar cologne as we walked over to the lobby lounge, looking for the others.

It wasn't hard to spot them. Hugo was at a table in hotel's restaurant, phone in hand as he texted French girls.

Zander was there too and there was already food on the table. Jesper quickly sat down to start eating. I joined in.

"How do you know French girls? Have you been here before?" I asked Hugo.

"I have my ways."

"You spent all afternoon on apps," Zander called him out, "And Nate introduced you to a couple girls."

Are they still French fries if you're in France?

My mind had already wondered onto more important subjects. We were eating steaks and fries. Well, the boys were. I still couldn't eat meat. It no longer appealed to me.

I didn't want to be obvious, but I was subtly keeping an eye out for Nathaniel.

Was he not joining us? Surely...

A girl's laughter drifted over to us. I looked over at the bar. She was chic, beautiful and she was all over Nate. It sounded like they were speaking in French.

"Nate's buying rounds for us," Hugo said when he noticed where my eyes were.

Jesper looked up.

"Cool," I shrugged, trying to act casual, and dipped my fries in mayo. "Where's the ketchup?"

I could hear their voices come closer and I kept my focus on the meal in front of me. Nate's strong arm brushed by my shoulder as he placed glasses on the table. I felt the heat of his body behind me and his shirt touch mine.

"This is Claudette," he introduced us in his deep voice, "She's offered to show us around tonight."

I braced myself and turned around. Claudette was standing behind a very handsome Nate.  He had maybe put five minutes of effort into his look and somehow pulled it off.

"Oui. Normally I don't like tourists, but you are all very good looking so I can make an exception," Claudette smiled.

I think we were meant to be insulted, but she said it so sweetly that the boys were thanking her.

"My friends and I are going out later," she waved at us, "I have Nate's number so I will text you to meet." Then she kissed Nate on either cheek before walking off.

Nate said, "Here, two rusty nails, a whiskey sour and I got you a Vraiment Chou," he looked at me when he offered me the glass, "It's one of their signature drinks."

I took it and our fingers overlapped. I almost dropped the drink and spilled some over my hand.

So I guess we're pretending like Claudette was never here.

"Sorry," I stood up, accepting the napkins Zander threw at me. I dabbed my hand.

Nate sat down on the last free chair and he didn't say anything more to me.

Zander asked, "You have something you want to say?"

"No. Why?" I went red in the face.

"You're acting weird, Georgia," Jesper answered, handing me more napkins.

I blushed, "It's the jet-lag. So, what's in this drink?"

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"We'll start with Le Baron. Pauline is a regular there. She'll get us in," Hugo got us ready to move.

I finished the last drop in my glass and set it down. This wasn't such a good idea. I was acting like such a fool in front of him. Even Jesper had noticed.

And I didn't exactly think that watching Nate get hit on by attractive girls all night was my idea of fun. Weirdly, I think I've been drawn in by his sensitive side. The side that few saw.

He's usually so closed off but there were these intimate moments with him where he showed tenderness.  Like with Kirby, in the lake, at the pastry shop...

"You go ahead. I don't want to slow you down," I said as we stepped out into the chilly Parisian air.

"Why aren't you coming, George?" Hugo asked, already calling a car to pick us up.

As if I don't already feel pretty enough, here's Hugo calling me by a boy's name.

"I'm not feeling it tonight."

We'd pre-gamed pretty hard at the hotel bar and I felt like French alcohol was making me connect with my feelings. Which I really did not want to do.

Jesper said, "Don't push her. If she doesn't want to come, she doesn't want to come."

"Your choice," Hugo sighed, clearly disapproving of my decision, "Car's here. Let's go."

"Last chance?" Zander asked me, "One night in Paris."

"I'm sure," I told him, as I watched Hugo climb into the taxi, "It's a big day tomorrow."

I turned around and walked through the lobby towards the elevators. I pressed the green button and the doors opened with a pleasant-sounding ring. Finally, I was starting to breathe again. It's like there's a knot in my chest when I'm around him...

The elevators opened to my floor and I realized I had left my jacket in the restaurant downstairs. I sighed and got back in, pressing the lobby button. It lit up and down we went.

I watched the numbers count down to 0, with elevator music faintly in the background.

Lobby.

The doors opened and there was Nate, standing in front of the elevator with my jacket in his hand.

He walked in and pressed 5 Floor. The elevator doors closed on us.

A/N: Nate's a man of few words but many actions.  What do you think is going to happen next?

And any guess what'll happen with the plan to break into the prison?  

Thank you to Iamblushing who sent me this very spooky and cool poster!