Chapter Two

Ginny and I were downstairs, as it was dinner time now. We normally help with setting the table around this time. "Well! We'll be eating down in the kitchen--" Mrs. Weasley begins to explain to everyone, mainly Harry, when the twins suddenly appear by her sides causing her to scream.

Ginny and I giggle at them, "JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO USE MAGIC NOW DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO WHIP YOUR WANDS OUT FOR EVERYTHING!" she scolds the twins as they run away from her.

"I'll try and get them to stop." I reassure her as Ginny and I walk pass.

"Thank you dear" she tells me with a sigh. She then turns to Harry, "Are you hungry, Harry?" she asks him in her very motherly tone.

--------------------

We sat at the table waiting for Dinner to be ready. Ginny was giggling at Tonks who was using her metamorphmagus to change her nose into that of a pig and other animals. I sat between Fred and Remus as some of the people from the meeting earlier were staying for dinner.

"This is very very peculiar.... it seems your hearing with the ministry, is to be before the entire Wizengamot..." Mr. Weasley reads from the mail that Harry had received.

Harry had apparently used magic in front of our cousin, who knows of magic, to defend them from Dementors scarily enough.

"I don't understand. What does the ministry of magic have against me?" Harry questions, and all the other conversations around the table had stopped, now focused on the issue at hand.

I frown. It does seem rather ridiculous. "Show him. He'll find out soon enough." Moody, the real Moody says. After all that happened last year, it was weird to see him sometimes.

Tonks hands over a copy of the daily prophet, the front page has Harry, with the headline 'The boy who lived' to magically change to 'The boy who lies'. Harry is handed the paper, only to frown.

"Fudge has been attacking Dumbledore as well. Fudge is using all his power--including his influence at the Daily Prophet--to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned." Sirius explains.

"But... why?" Harry asks, rather confused.

"The Minister thinks Dumbledore is after his job. That he's lying about Voldemort's return as a ploy to gain political power."  Remus explains.

"But that's insane! No one in their right mind would believe--" Harry was quick to say.

"Exactly the point. Fudge isn't in his right mind. It has been twisted and warped--by fear." Remus cuts in. "Fear makes people do terrible things, Harry. The last time Voldemort gained power he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear. Now that he's returned...I'm afraid the Minister will do almost anything to avoid facing that terrifying truth." Remus explains.

"We think he wants to build up his army again. Fourteen years ago he had huge numbers at his command-- not just witches and wizards but all manner of Dark creatures. He's been recruiting heavily, and we've been attempting to do the same..." Sirius pauses, "But gathering followers isn't the only thing he's interested in." he explains.

He sighs, "We believe that Voldemort is after something-" he begins to tell us, but Moody stops him.

"Sirius." he says to him.

Sirius thinks over his words, "Something he didn't have last time." he finish explaining.

"You mean like a weapon?" I bring up, curious as to what he could want, causing them to look at me hesitantly.

"That's enough!" Mrs. Weasley says, setting down what she was doing before going to stand, before walking around to where Harry sat, "He is just a boy." she snaps, taking the newspaper away, looking towards Sirius, " Say much more and you might as well induct him into the Order straightaway!" she scolds him.