Return To Crete

Lezzzz goooo

Y/N's POV:

I sit in the pilot chair of the Redemption. Helena is in the cargo hold resting. Apparently after the fall of Sparta the English took care of her. It wasn't for long but she ended up leaving.

From what she's told me she picked up private contracting. Similar to bounty hunting except she worked with private militaries.

I would imagine she was damn good at what she did. She always was the brightest of us.

But her being here has brought upon...problems. Primarily between me and Jess. She's started to get weird since Helena and her met.

Y/N: How much farther?

Jess: Wouldnt you like to know.

She looks out at hyperspace around us.

Y/N: What did I do.

Jess: Nothing...

I sigh and look over at her. Her eyes carry this conflicted look to them.

Y/N: Okay then.

Helena: Y/N.

Y/N: Coming.

I get up and Jess gets this hurt look in her eyes. Almost as if she doesn't want me to go.

Walking into the cargo hold I find Helena cleaning her blade.

Y/N: Yes?

Helena: We need to talk. About Crete.

Y/N: What about it?

Helena: When we land we will land upon English ground. They're the only ones who I have any form of contact with.

Y/N: I take it the queen is still kicking.

Helena: She is. She's grooming the prince to take the thrown in the future.

Y/N: I see.

Helena: If you pay them they can repair your armor.

I can feel her eyes looking me over. Even after all this time I still remember her face and her eyes. How her lips tightened when she was deep in thought.

Y/N: Whats on your mind.

Helena: The saber. Who gave it to you.

I feel my hand drift right the saber before pulling it out. My fingers trace the smooth wood handle.

Y/N: Fate. I met one of the Fates.

Helena: Do you know what this means?

Y/N: No.

Helena: The blade. Activate it.

I go ahead and activate the saber. It's white light bounces off of the walls illuminating the cargo hold.

Helena: As I thought. The saber is an indication of something prophesied eons ago. The Great War.

Y/N: I've heard of it. But not all of it.

Helena: I see. It's been said that when the freedom of Crete is at stake it's best guardian will fall. In a time of peril a dark force will cast a shadow upon the land. Until a sword of pure white light will unite the clans under one banner, one name. The bearer of the sword will stand before the shadow descended upon Crete and fight till the final breath.

It's a lot to take in. But that final line. It's unclear whether it means my final breath or whatever is going to be on the other side of the saber.