Defiance

Leeeezzzz gooooo

Y/N's POV: Thermopylae

Leonidas: Molon labe.

And with that the enemy charges toward us firing their blasters. Our shields catch the bolts and protect our bodies.

Even in this first wave we're outnumbered. But we'll still hold these bastards. We won't let them get through us without a fight.

Leonidas: Fire!

We all place our blasters next to our shield and fire at the charging enemy. The very first two lines drop to the ground without any problem. Yet the other lines keep advancing towards.

Y/N: Here they come!

With the enemy practically on us we brace for impact. They hurl their bodies against our shields. I dig my feet into the ground and slide back a few inches.

Leonidas: Forward!

The very frontline of Spartans lift their shields up and shatter the jaws of our enemies. We then slam our shields into the chests of the next enemy.

We continue to fire at the never ending hoard of enemies. My blaster overheats and I quickly jam the barrel of my blaster into a charging enemies thigh. The hot barrel burns their thigh and they drop.

I raise my shield and slam it down onto their throat swiftly ending their life.

And then the enemy begins to retreat. We don't allow them to get far. Our blasters catch them in their fleeing backs.

The lucky ones make it back to their lines and we cheer. The first wave was repelled.

Leonidas: They will be back.

Y/N: What do we my king?

Leonidas: We wait. And then we kill them again.

I nod and keep a watchful eye on the enemy. And they are already regathering with a much larger force than before. And mounts.

Y/N: Sir, they have Ursa mounts.

Leonidas: So it would seem. Aim for the head. The mounts pose a greater threat to our lines.

I nod and watch as dust begins to rise into the air. I feel the ground begin to rumble and hear the cry of the incoming enemies.

Leonidas: Spartans!

The enemy comes into view hurdling towards us.

Leonidas: This is where we stand! This is where they bleed!

He's the first to fire his blaster and nails an Ursa sending the large beast to the dirt. Its rider is trampled to death by his comrades. Fucking savages.

The enemy once again charges towards us. And once again we fire upon them. My blaster catches two riders before their rides are shot down.

And then the Ursa's crash into our shields. I grit my teeth as the large beasts push against us. Their slobber drips down on top of my helmet as the bear claws at my helmet.