The Search

Leeezzz gooooo

Y/N's POV: Present

I walk through the market place of Tygon II in search of food for both Jess and I. I already have our next fob but it's way over on Yavin IV. That's a large rebel base.

Don't know what the rebels are doing putting up bounties. Kind of weird but the pays good. Rebels? Are they even that anymore? Isn't it something like the republic or whatever?

Hardly matters. The widely viewed hero's of the war on the empire need a bounty hunter.

I grab a few fruits, snacks, some water and the strongest alcoholic beverage as per Jess' request.

Once I make my way back to the ship I catch a glimpse at Jess with grime and sweat plastered to her snow white skin. Her white hair pulled back and almost shines under the sunlight.

Jess: Oh your back already?

Y/N: Yes. How's the ship.

Jess: She just needs a little screws tightened. What did you get?

Y/N: Fruits, snacks, water and...

I pull out a bottle containing a brown liquid.

Y/N: Only the best for the best.

Jess: R-really?

Y/N: Mechanic. Best mechanic. I'll be inside.

I set off inside and start setting down all of the stuff I bought. I then make my way to the controls and start punching in the coordinates.

I then make my way back outside and watch as Jess tightens some bolts into place before welding certain things together.

Jess: Not that I mind, but are you going to keep watching me?

Y/N: Perhaps. Are you almost done?

Jess: Yeah just about. Where are we going next?

Y/N: Yavin IV.

Jess: Sounds a long ways away.

Y/N: Yup. Take care of your business before we leave.

Jess: What do you mean?

Y/N: Your sweaty, dirty and I can smell you from here.

Jess: Oh and your so clean under there?

Y/N: I make a habit to change whenever we stop.

Jess: Yeah yeah, I got a spare change inside under my seat. Mind grabbing it for me?

Y/N: Sure.

And so I walk into the ship and find Jess' clothes. When I lift up the pile a pair of white panties drops to the ground.

Y/N: Frills?

I throw it back into the pile and walk out towards her. She wipes the oil off of her hands before looking at me.

Y/N: Found them.

I hand the clothes off to her.

Jess: Thanks, I'll be in the bath house...if you want to join.

Y/N: Someone's gotta watch the ship.

Jess: Right...I'll be back.

And so she walks away from me towards the bathhouses. Jess is a tough girl so I never really worry about her being on her own.

So I set about doing miscellaneous tasks. Such as sitting inside the ship and eating alone. No one can see me so it's okay to lose the helmet.

I trace the outline of my helmet and stare into the black visor. So many people have stared up into my visor as their final breaths leave their bodies. The more I think about it, the more I realize it's become the face of death. An unmoving expressionless face.