Chapter 28: Grave Digger

Start bij het begin

"Who knows? He is very confused, and devastated. He is probably not thinking very clearly," Ray stated as he looked out the window, "Look, Nathan's just in the backyard."

"Doing what?" Martin asked.

"He's digging a hole," Ray answered, "I would assume that he is digging a grave for Sarah."

"He can't be pushing himself like that," Martin stated, "He's gonna over exert himself. In the codition he is in, I'm surprised that he is still standing."

"You aren't going to be able to stop him," Ray pointed out, "You know that right?"

"I can always try," Martin said as be rushed out of the house. He walked towards Nathan who was aggressively slamming his shovel into the dirt. More tears poured out of his eyes as he pulled dirt out. His dead daughter was sitting on a chair, it looked as if her hair had been brushed out, and that she had been changed.

"What the fuck do you want," Nathan muttered when he noticed that Martin was standing behind him.

"I'm just seeing how you are doing," Martin explained as he walked closer to Nathan.

"I'm fine, I just need to be alone for a bit."

"I would love to let you do that, but you still haven't recovered from your accident yesterday," Martin stated as he picked up another shovel, "You need to rest for a bit, or at least let me help you."

"It's fine, I don't need any help," Nathan said as he continued to dig.

"I am still going to help you though," Martin stated, "I will try and lighten the work load for you."

"I said I don't need any help!" Nathan yelled as he clenched his fist.

"I just want to help you Nathan," Martin stated, "I mean no harm."

"I said I don't need any fucking help!" Nathan shouted as he turned towards Martin, holding his fist up in the air.

"Okay," Martin agreed as he put down the shovel and walked away. He walked back inside to see everybody watching the commotion.

"How is he doing?" Jessica asked when Martin walked through the door.

"I don't know. He doesn't want to talk about it," Martin answered, "He didn't even want me to help."

"I'm sure he will get better. I say the rest of us just continue on and stay away from him for a while," Melissa said, "Let him cool down a bit."

"Do you guys want to go out and search for more food?" Jessica asked Ray and Pablo.

"Sounds good to me!" Pablo agreed as he walked to the dining room to grab his bag, "Rather not be here right now. Too much bad things happen."

"Yeah, I might as well tag along too," Martin stated, "I would like to try and find some medication for Nathan, try and help him recover from his fall."

"Are you sure you are up to it? We will be out for the whole day," Ray stated, "We could just pick up whatever you were wanting."

"It's fine, I will come. You wouldn't know what I'm looking for anyways, so it would save more time if I came along," Martin replied.

"Okay, then let's go," Jessica said as she grabbed her bag. The group of four started to walk out of the house when Martin stopped, turned around and looked at Randi and Melissa.

"Keep am eye on him, okay," he said as he walked out the door.

"Now we have checked this house," Jessica stated as she pointed towards the house they scoured through the night before.