"Please open those big brown eyes," she whispers to me and I crack one eye open and then the other.

Ruka is looking down at me with such worry and compassion it makes my heartache. I don't deserve to have foster parents like Ruka and Dax, I am just going to get them hurt. Ruka reaches a hand and rubs a thumb on my cheek wiping away a stray tear.

"Faith, what happened?" Ruka asks me and I can see the desperate look in her eyes.

Memories flash before my eyes, my hands clench and it sends pain shooting down my arm and I gasp and grab my arm instinctively. I feel Ruka trying to sit me up and put a sling around my arm, but it hurts too much, and I withdraw my arm and curl away from her. She's not trying to hurt me, but everything is so heightened. His face flashes before my eyes and his touch sears into my skin.

"Faith?" Another voice asks me and my eyes pop open.

"Ion?" I ask confused and his smiling face greets me.

"Hey Fay, come here will you, we need to put this sling on you, so your shoulder can heal," he says gently pulling my arm through; I grind my teeth through the pain.

"What happened, Fay? Ruka and Dax are so worried about you," Ion says, and I can hear Ruka and Dax in the kitchen.

"I don't want to talk about it," I say quietly, and he shakes his head.

"We're not playing this game Fay, tell me what happened," he says in a more demanding tone and I sigh.

"Cabe found me," I say so quietly I'm not sure he could even hear me.

"Where is he?" Orion growls out, standing up and I am slightly shocked by his response.

"Did he touch you?" Orion continues, and I can see it in his eyes, I know that look, it's the same look I get before I am about to lose it.

"Orion," I say firmly, and we make eye contact and he grumbles and sits back down on the floor.

"He found me, and we beat the snot out of each other, but as always, I won," I say and he knawels on his lip uneasily.

"Where is he now?"

"The hospital, but..." He simply raises an eyebrow at me.

"I wiped his entire memory," I whisper out and Orion's eyes widen. I can't remember doing it, but I can still feel the words on my lips. Tears blur my vision as the frustration sets in.

"Faith," Orion says surprised.

"I don't know what possessed me to do it, and I'm not proud of it, but it's like I had no control," I say with a thick rasp to my voice. Clearing my throat, I try to control myself.

"Faith..." Orion trails off and I can see a question flitting around in his eyes.

"Yeah?"

"We'll be back," he yells out before picking me up.

I don't even blink and we are in an apartment I don't recognize. He gently puts me down on the tattered couch before going into another room. Coming back, he hands me a glass of ice water and sits down beside me.

"Where are we?" I ask him confused.

"This is my apartment," he says with a proud smile.