Love and War

FELICITY SMOAK-

As Felicity pulled away, her face was aflame. That was not what she was expecting Oliver to say.

"I should go." She said, not meeting his gaze.

"Felicity..." Oliver sounded defeated, and it broke her heart. Something inside of her would not let her leave him. Not like this.

"Oliver-"

"Mommy? Daddy?" Megan entered the room clutching her dark green blanket in her tiny hands. Her blonde hair was tangled, and some strands were glued to her forehead and plastered in sweat.

"What is it honey? Why are you up so late?" Felicity asked, widening her eyes.

"Is everything alright?" Oliver added, his voice laced with concern.

"Jonas is gone." Megan whispered hoarsely. With that, she began to cry.

Felicity looked at Oliver in alarm, who was biting his lip.

"W-what?" Felicity cringed at her stutter. She couldn't let her daughter know that she was nervous. Being strong was the only option.

"He has a green arrow stuffed in his pillow." Megan whimpered.

Out of the corner of her eye, Felicity saw Oliver tense. What was happening?

"I.. I'll be back." Oliver stumbled over his words- which he never did. Felicity knew something was seriously wrong.

Where was her son? For a moment, blind panic took over her system, and she felt her knees give out.

Oliver put his hand on her shoulder, steadying her. His simple touch was enough to calm her down. Megan ran to them, and Oliver scooped her up in his strong arms.

"You two hang tight, okay? Jonas is fine." Oliver promised, but Felicity could detect the worry in his tone. She knew him better than that.

He leaned over and kissed Felicity, Megan still in his arms, before passing her to Felicity.

With that, he was gone.

OLIVER QUEEN-

Ray. Palmer.

The only man who would do this. The green arrow. It all clicked. Oliver knew that the arrow Ray had stuffed in Jonas' pillow was the very one Oliver had shot Ray in the leg with.

Karma's a bitch, He thought.

Oliver put on his suit and collected his bow. It wasn't until someone cleared their throat that he realized he wasn't alone. Oliver winced. He was losing his edge.

"Heading out?" Roy asked, sounding tired.

"I could use a hand. Are you ready for the field?" Oliver asked his apprentice. He felt guilty, knowing that Roy still needed to recuperate- but right now he needed help getting his son back.

"Of course," Roy stated, sounding more chipper, "who are we up against?"

"Ray Palmer." Oliver growled.

Roy scoffed. "Felicity's boyfriend? You're taking jealousy to a whole new level."

How did Roy know that Felicity was dating Palmer? Oliver gave him a look of surprise.

"What? Diggle told me. I have a social life, you know." Roy pointed out, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Palmer kidnapped my son." Oliver explained, his tone brusque.

"What makes you so sure?" Roy quipped, looking doubtful.

"I just know, okay?" Oliver snapped, tossing his 25 arrows into his quiver and throwing it over his shoulder.

"Give me a minute to get ready." Roy responded, takin his suit from the glass case.

Oliver gave him a curt nod and headed over to Felicity's computer. How does she track villains? Oliver wondered. Unsure, he brought up Google.

'Ray Palmer address'

"Are you seriously Googling his address?" Roy chortled from behind him.

Defensively, Oliver shook his head. "No. I mean, I was..."

"Why don't you call Felicity?" Roy suggested.

"And explain to her that her boyfriend kidnapped her son? That will end well." Oliver muttered, clenching his jaw and tightening his grip on the mouse.

"I mean, ask her how to track down a name." Roy shot him a look.

"No, I don't want to worry her." Oliver replied stubbornly.

"Really? Because I think you're just to prideful to admit you don't know anything about computers." Roy smirked, handing Oliver his cellphone.

"Looking for someone?" The Atom- Ray- stood at the base of the stairs.

Roy's smirk disappeared. "Uh, Oliver... There's some guy in a weird outfit in the Foundry." He said, unnecessarily.

"Thank you, Roy." Oliver muttered, narrowing his eyes at his enemy. Ray was dressed in red and blue armor.

"Oliver, I'm sorry I had to break in." Ray apologized, his voice condescending.

"Ray Palmer, you have failed this city." Oliver raised his bow.

"No, I did nothing to this city. I just needed to get your attention." Ray drawled, taking a step forward.

"I would stay right where you are." Roy warned, drawing his bow as well.

"I love Felicity. And you have no right to take her from me." Said Ray, his voice thick with emotion.

"So you steal her son, how affectionate. You sure know the way to a woman's heart- perhaps you could give me a few tips?" Roy asked snidely.

Oliver had never been more proud.

"I was getting your attention, Oliver. I would never hurt Jonas. I love those kids as if they were my own." He answered.

Oliver felt a burning feeling spread through him, setting every vein in his body on fire. Those were his kids. Felicity was his girl. Releasing his arrow, Oliver gasped. He hadn't meant to fire an arrow. What had he done?

Until next time. I am an emotional wreck from the midsession finale and am trying to come to terms with life. What do you guys think?

Is Oliver dead?
Is he dying?
Lazarus Pit?
Who is walking towards him in the short preview?