Vengeance Of The Queen

[Chapter 44; Vengeance Of The Queen]

OLIVER QUEEN-

The world seemed to slow down around Oliver as he sped back to the Foundry; Sara right behind him. Felicity was in danger, once again, because of him. His sister knew his secret, and Sara remembered everything. Oliver's life had taken a wild turn, and he wasn't sure if he could keep up.

Oliver skidded to a stop in front of Verdant and rushed in, not bothering to change out of his Arrow suit. People gasped and scurried out of his path. Once he was sure that no one was following, he dipped into the hallway that leads to the lair.

Throwing open the door, Oliver raced down the stairs. Thea stood in the center of the room, with Felicity at gunpoint.

"Who are you? I don't know you anymore. You're a lier. You're a murderer." Thea was shaking as tears streamed down her face.

"Thea, I know. I kept this a secret to protect you. Felicity had nothing to do with this, let her go." Oliver pleaded, unable to keep the pain out of his voice.

"You told her. You told her, and you didn't tell me." Thea's tone was accusing and venomous now, all traces of sadness gone.

"Thea, I'm your friend." Felicity said quietly.

"I don't know you either. You're a liar too. And I hate you." Thea spat, her grip on Felicity's arm tightening.

"Stop. Let me explain-" Oliver started, but Thea clipped his sentence short.

"Take the hood off." She ordered.

"Ok, Speedy." Oliver tried calling his sister by her old nickname. Reaching up, he pulled the green fabric off his head.

"Don't call me that, Olli," Thea sneered, "and the mask goes too."

Oliver nodded solemnly and complied. When both his mask and hood were off, he felt nervous. Could he hide his emotions when he was exposed like this? The woman he loved was at gunpoint by his sister.

"Please, just let her go." Sara spoke up, taking her mask off as well.

"You knew too?" Thea sounded defeated, crushed. Lowering her gun, Thea started walking towards the door wearing a blank expression.

"Thea, we need to-" Oliver tried to talk to his sister again.

"No. You get the hell out of my life, Arrow. You're not my brother anymore. Oliver died on that island." Thea hissed, her eyes a blaze.

Oliver felt his heart twist as Thea's words peirced his soul. He bit his lip to prevent himself from calling out to her.

"Oliver?" Felicity placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." Oliver hung his head, overcome with emotions.

"No, I'm sorry. She'll come around. Remember how Dig and I were skeptical at first? She's just trying to process things, Oliver." Felicity said softly. Oliver tried to smile for her sake. He didn't want Felicity to think he was weak.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Sara called as she exited the lair. Oliver nodded his head in reply, keeping his attention on Felicity.

"Diggle brought something to my attention today, Felicity." Oliver said quietly, his heart pounding.

"Which is?" Felicity arched an eyebrow at Oliver, most likely noticing his nervous demeanor.

"Well- I don't mean.. Uh, please don't take this the wrong way, I... Felicity... Well you see most people our age are starting to settle down and..." Oliver didn't know what he should say. Sighing, he ran a frustrated hand through his hair. He was rambling.

Felicity looked amused. "You need a minute?" She asked.

"Do you want kids, Felicity?" Oliver wanted to take the words back as soon as he said them. He made it sound as if he wanted kids, and he knew it was out of the question. The stakes were to high.

Felicity's eyes widened. "I mean, it's not a good time. With you being who you are and.." Felicity let her voice trail off.

"What I meant to say is, I don't want to hold you back. You need to live your life, before you end up living it in regret." Oliver told her softly.

"I know. Truthfully, I do want kids someday. But right now, I love helping you. I love you in general, but the helping is always good." Felicity said the last line lightly, causing Oliver to chuckle.

"Come on, we need to find a place to stay." Oliver changed the subject.

"Oliver-"

"Let's just get a hotel, we can't go home." Oliver interjected. Felicity nodded in agreement.

"She'll come around, don't worry." She said, taking Oliver's hand in hers. Squeezing it slightly, Oliver headed up the stairs now, leaving his lair behind.

"So, what are we going to do?" Felicity asked as they stood on the curb. Oliver was in distress.

"We could go... to Best Western?" He suggested finally.

"Anything works." Felicity answered brightly. Oliver was thankful that she didn't press for a fancy or overly expensive place.

Luckily, Best Western was in walking distance of Verdant. Oliver had planned the location of his club near the hotel for a reason.

"So, room service? Or pizza?" Oliver questioned.

"Pizza, definitely." Felicity smiled at him, causing his heart to skip a beat. Felicity had an effect on him that other girls didn't.

As they walked, Oliver took Felicity's smaller, softer hand in his larger, rougher one. She smiles up at him and for the moment Oliver felt truly content.

"Hello, we would like one room please." Felicity asked the man at the desk brightly.

"Alright." The man said slowly, eyeing Felicity up and down. Oliver clenched his jaw. This man was, kindly put, an idiot.

"Yes, and hurry. I don't have all day to watch you check out my girlfriend." Oliver cut in, unable to stop himself.

"I-I wasn't-" the man protested, but Oliver beat him to it.

"Yeah, yeah. Now get moving." Oliver slammed his fist on the desk, causing the man to flinch. Felicity put a hand on Oliver's shoulder, making him relax.

As Oliver and Felicity headed towards the elevators, Oliver smirked. Anything could happen in a hotel room.