Barry Allen.

[Chapter 33; Barry Allen.] /unedited/

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened. -Dr Seuss

FELICITY SMOAK-

Felicity was walking through the pouring rain. Everything was much more dramatic when done in the rain. However, as usual, she wished for some sunshine. Thankfully, she saw Big Belly Burger up ahead and breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Take out for Smoak." The woman behind the desk gave her a nod, and passed on the order to an employee. Felicity took a quick glance around the near empty restaurant.

"Mrs? Here is your food." The employee handed her the bag of food, snapping her attention back to her job at hand.

"Thank you." Felicity gave the employee her credit card. Once she paid, she swiftly exited the Big Belly Burger, only to slam into another person crazy enough to walk in the rain.

"Whoa there... Felicity?"

Felicity clutched her take out bag tighter, before looking up. A lot of people had been recognizing her lately- and most of them had not been too friendly. Relief flooded through her when she recognized Barry Allen, Oliver's new detective to track down Isabelle, who had managed to escape.

Why Oliver couldn't do it himself, Felicity hadn't a clue.

"Uh, hi," Felicity muttered, feeling her face heat up, "sorry for bumping into you, Mr. Allen." She apologized, stepping away from him.

"Please, call me Barry," he shot her another friendly smile, and Felicity instantly relaxed, "and I am pretty crazy to be walking out in the rain." He chuckled.

Felicity made a note to seriously practice holding her tongue. She needed a filter or something to keep her thoughts from slipping out.

"I didn't mean it that way-" Felicity began to explain her nervous habit but Barry quickly dismissed her.

"No, no, it's fine. Let me get us a taxi?" He suggested, sounding rather nervous.

"Oh, alright..." Felicity wondered weather or not she should trust Barry. Though she had only just met him, there was something about his presence that was rather calming. Just as Felicity had known Oliver was trustworthy (despite his insane lies) she knew that Barry was a good man.

Barry helped her into the taxi, and instructed the driver to head back to the Queen's Mansion.

"So, how's the case going so far?" Felicity asked, trying to sound casual- even though her nerves were going insane knowing that Isabelle was still out there; plotting her revenge.

As Barry began to give her details on his work, Felicity couldn't help but notice that he was smart. Beyond smart, a genius even.

"May I ask, how are you holding up?" He asked suddenly, after explaining Isabelle's last known location.

"Fine, I mean, it's scary..." Felicity wasn't quite sure if she was ready to talk about all that she had been through since finding out Oliver's secret.

OLIVER QUEEN-

Felicity got out of the taxi with Barry. Barry Allen. His detective. What was she doing with him?!

Oliver narrowed his eyes. They seemed awfully close. Barry held out his arm -which Felicity took, smiling at a comment he had just made.

Unacceptable.

Oliver had been through hell for the past five years. Even after his return, many sleepless nights continue. The danger never seems to end, and now that he is the Arrow, danger will continue to be a constant part of his life. Countless were the times Oliver would wake up in a cold sweat, picturing men from the island, or men he had stopped as Arrow, standing feet away from his bedside. This was a reoccurring pattern, until a woman named Felicity Smoak.