Roman x reader part 2

Sorry this took me so long

5 months. It's been 5 months since he came back. Since Salem brought him back he has been recovering and staying at the house. The deal was that if she brought Roman back, then I would have to work for her and do everything she says. So here I am sitting at the table next to her as we are waiting for Cinder to arrive. Nobody else knows he is alive except for Salem, Neo and me. Neo has been visiting us but wants to remain hidden, she has been leaving a lot but I don't know why, I also haven't told her I'm working for Salem because I know she wouldn't want me to. It is better not to tell anyone else since he's wanted and If Cinder knew she would want him to join us again but I won't allow it, I cannot let him die again.

"Late again", Salem sighs as the door opens to reveal Cinder, Emerald and Mercury. Cinder sits down next to Tyrian. "If you cannot even come on time then how can I expect you to be able to handle the maiden powers. I might have to consider (y/n) as my number 2, she does as she is told." After Salem said that Cinder glared at me while Tyrian started chuckling. "Anyways what did you find?", Salem asked and then started the meeting.

After the meeting

I open the door to Me and Romans shared bedroom as quietly as possible so I don't wake him. Once I closed the door the light turned on. "You're home late again", A familiar voice said. I turned around but avoided eye contact with Roman. "You should already know that my jobs take all day and night", I said. "Yea but it would be nice if you could stay home every once and a while, especially since I almost died before", he said getting up from the bed and walking over to me. I felt guilty but I was doing this for him. "I know I'm sorry but we have to pay the bills somehow", I say. Roman scratches the back of his neck nervously, "well about that, I have a solution". I raise my eyebrow letting him continue. "I could get back into stealing dust business then we won't have to worry about money and you can stay home. You shouldn't have to do this by yourself love", he said grabbing my hands. "No you can't go back to doing that! You're wanted and if something happens to you then what?", I say. "Nothing will happen to me, trust me", he said giving a soft smile. I do trust him but I don't trust what the future holds. I opened my mouth to say something but before I could get a word out my phone went off. I quickly answered it was Salam, she said she needed me to come back now. I sighed and hung up, "I have to go work is calling". "Don't leave again, I haven't talked or done anything with you in a while. What even do you have to do? Is it really more important than this right now?", he said holding my hands tighter. I never want to leave his side but this is for him. I pulled away from him, "I'm doing this for you, trust me I don't want to leave you everyday but I have to", I said walking towards the door. "I feel this has something to do with more than just paying the bills...", Roman said sounding hurt. I opened the door and left, it hurt to do this but I have to do this right? Is there really no other way to live together? Could I escape with him? No she would find us. As I walked back to where salam was at I started thinking of what I could do to make this life better for us.

Part 3 maybe but I don't know how it should end.