something random 13

Start from the beginning

I had personally fallen asleep, so hearing him was startling.

"Ugh, where am I? What's going on?" He sat up and looked around. "Where's the fire? Why am I not on fire?"

"Iskall... You're alive. This is the Overworld."

He lifted his head and looked at me and Mumbo. He looked like he was going to cry, but then started laughing.

"What?"

"Don't you realize you're in Mumbo's arms?" I looked around and saw that, yes, I was in Mumbo's arms.

"H-hey! Let me go asshole!!" I got up and scooted away from him, pretending to be really mad.

"Oh, you're only reacting like that because there's someone else here. You love to be held and you know it."

"Shut up Mumbo."

"I've missed you guys. And Grian?"

"What?"

"I am so so so sorry for what I did to you prior to being in hell for years."

"Years? It's been, like, a month at most."

Iskall started crying. "I-it's only been a month? I-i haven't m-missed much?!"

"No, not really. There were people that missed you though, there was your funeral. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they see you."

"I-i know, right? How has Sahara been? You guys kept it afloat?"

"Sahara's fine. Me and Grian easily handled it."

"Shut up Mumbo, you know we didn't do jack shit with Sahara. Actually, we've been receiving complaints because it was out of stock!"

"Shh, he doesn't need to know that."

"Oh, we worked so hard on that! What have you two been doing for apparently just a month?"

"Do you not remember being a demon?"

He put up his finger for a second. "Wait, I remember now. You guys did nothing, and Mumbo can supposedly talk to the 'Author' of this story. Except it's not a story, it's real life. [You fool!] And he kept referring to you as his Grian."

"Yeah, I already knew the last bit."

"Mm mm mm."

"What'd you say Mumbo?"

"Nothing." He's blushing really hard.

"And he's absolutely convinced that you'll ma-"

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP ISKALL?!"

"M-mega sorry of doom."

"Hey, why don't we call a meeting about you being back?"

"Yeah, that's a good idea Grian. Lemme just type in chat..."

"Iskall! Don't do that, it'll ruin the surprise!"

"Oh yeah, forgot that I'm dead."

"I'll get the stuff ready."

Mumbo left the room and went outside. Iskall was going to follow him, but I stopped him.

"Iskall?"

"Huh? Oh, what is it?"

"I looked up at him. "Iskall, were you suicidal before you died?"

He looked surprised. "Oh, um, of course not!"

"Liar. Me and Mumbo killed you, but you would've respawned if you wanted to live. And I'm sorry we did, but I didn't have much say in it."

"I deserved it, it's fine. And yes, I wanted to die. But that's the past, it happened, and nothing can change it." [Except me.]