A Breath of Fresh Air

Song: Dear Society
Artist: Madison Beer

hwuehehehe

thanks guys

it took me awhile to figure out how to start off the story, but i think it turned out okay
long (somewhat) emotional chapter to make up for how long it took me to write this

She woke up to her normal loud ass car alarm; it was really the only thing that would ever be loud enough to wake her. She went to grab her phone, but she misjudged how far her bedside table was. She reached her arm out and rolled out of her bed, hitting the floor with a loud thud.

"Ow!" she exclaimed, soothing the pain she felt on her hip by rubbing it slowly. She sighed and stood up slowly, the pain quickly fleeing. Thanks to that rude awakening, she was ready to start the day.

She stretched her arms above her head, reaching for the ceiling. She took a deep breath before walking into her bathroom. The tile was cold on her feet, so she was thankful for the fluffy pink rug. It was a gift from her neighbor. Why Mina had so many extra bathroom rugs confused Echiko, but she was grateful for the gift anyway. She stepped out of her dorm bathroom (Each dorm room came with a small bathroom. The bathroom held a toilet, a sink, and a shower) and into her dorm room. It was smaller than her room at home, and it didn't have the same training equipment. Despite that, Echiko was very fond of her little dorm room. Especially because of all the stuff she put in it. 

She had styled her hair up into a tight ponytail, not bothering to gel her horns yet. She brushed her teeth and washed her face. Finally, she was awake enough to be active. She went back into her dorm room and went to the white dresser against the wall. She rummaged through the drawers and found an old gray sports bra and leggings set to change into. The bra was a faded gray with pink and white accents. The leggings were the same, a faded gray with pink and white bands down the side. She threw on a pair of old running shoes and looked at herself in the mirror, accepting her appearance. She pat Eijiro's little hat and said goodbye. She grabbed her phone from the corner of her bed and left.

It's only been a few weeks since Echiko has been to Yuuei, and it's all seemed so perfect. She had great classmates and the work was getting easier. Slightly easier anyway. The only thing she really had to complain about was whenever Mineta tried to make a pass at her. It was satisfying watching Shoto throw a huge, sharp ice block at him though.

Then of course, there was Blasty McSplodes. She had been trying to get closer to Katsuki, but it seemed that he tried to shut her down every time she came close to him. And all after their trip to the mall. She had thought that they had been becoming friends. At least now, he was more used to her predictable company. It was slow progress, but progress nonetheless.