First Day of Yuuei (hey that rhymes)

enjoy!

it's mainly just filler and back round info again.
it does get interesting soon though.

Song: Broken Glass
Artist: Rachel Platten

Echiko's head shot up at the sound of a loud car horn. Before she could go over to her window to inspect, she realized that it was just her loud ass alarm. She sighed, taking her phone in her hand. She turned the alarm off, peace being granted in her room once again.

She gave her room one last look, knowing that she would miss it once she got into the dorms. She had helped paint this room. Daiki spent hours with Echiko deciding colors, brushes, and even some of the interior decorating. She thought about saying goodbye to her furniture, but then though about how weird that would be.

Echiko smiled to herself as she went to her closet, thinking about the day ahead. She would finally be a hero; she would finally be given the chance to help people. 

She pulled out the official Yuuei uniform. She had gotten it a week prior, and she put it in her closet. She hadn't tried it on at all either; she didn't want to mess it up.

She took it off of the hanger and laid it out on the ground in front of her. She put the hanger back in the closet and rummaged through her drawers to find something quick to change into and run in. A grey sports bra with matching grey leggings: perfect. She took her "pajamas" off, threw the clothes on, and grabbed her phone and earbuds. She styled her hair up in a high ponytail, not wanting it to get in the way. She left the house in a rush, wanting to make sure that she would finish her workout in time. Usually, she would want to run four miles and then try some weight exercises, but today seemed like more of a running day. She needed to clear her head of all of the messy thought she had been thinking off. She also didn't get a chance to run yesterday because of a certain pink skinned best friend. Running fifty minutes would be a good substitute for her usual routine.

She started the timer on her phone and started her running playlist. She moved her feet, one after the other, in a rhythm she had become accustomed to over the years. She paid attention to the birds in the sky, the squirrel on a branch, and even a few worms passing by. Echiko loved to run. It gave her freedom. She felt free. She could run at her own pace, which had increased drastically with every passing year. All the worries she ever had were being ripped off her back by the passing wind. The cold air entered her lungs, stinging them just a bit. She felt the wind slide through her hair, chilling her sweaty scalp. She loved it.

Eventually though, the timer on her phone started to go off. Echiko looked at the vibrating device and turned it off quickly. She hurried to her house where she finished getting ready for the first day of school. She took a quick shower, only letting herself stay in for fifteen minutes. and changed into the Yuuei uniform. She liked the look of the uniform; it also wasn't all that uncomfortable. The skirt was a little bit shorter than she would have liked, but there was nothing she could do about that. At least the blazer was nice.

She made her way into the bathroom and laid out her makeup and hair gels. She didn't like using makeup. Unlike Mina, who was a master at anything that had to do with face routines, Echiko could never get the hang of it. However, since today was special, she decided to add a little to her face. Only a natural look, she wasn't talented enough to go overboard anyway.

Once she felt pleased enough with her work, she moved onto the hair. She tried this hair style awhile ago, and Mina helped her with it. Echiko's hair was the same ever since. She finished quickly and went back to her room.

She threw on her shoes and rushed to the front door. She almost made it, but something stopped her. Right in front of the door was an oddly shaped boulder. It was big enough that if she kept running, she would have tripped over it, but she would easily be able to get to the door if she was careful. Definitely Daiki's work.