Chapter 1: Prologue

Start from the beginning

(Amethyst) Are you saying he won't be fine?

(Garnet) What I'm saying is that we shouldn't underestimate him. We've done that many times before and he ends up surprising us. We should just see what he does this time.

(Amethyst) Okay, cool. So, what would we look since he's got the temple?

(Garnet) We should look around on top of the mountain and near the lighthouse. Those are possibilities for a nest that the mother could've made.

Outside

Steven was walking into the temple. He looked around for any traces of the creatures so he can follow it and possibly find where the mother is. He also looked around the temple because he hardly is in here and never go to look around much.

Steven noticed bubbles floating in the air that are mostly close to the ceiling of the temple. Inside the bubbles had the gems of all the creatures they've defeated in the past, they look much like the gemstones you could find deep into the Earth. The bubbles were in different colors, indicating that Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, and Rose had bubble a few of these gems.

If these bubbles were to be popped, that would unleash the monsters that are concealed inside the gemstones. Steven does not want to mess with those bubbles. He kept his eyes peeled and his ears focused to detect anything that could be the creatures or the mother.

After awhile, he heard a noises. It sounded like the gems were fighting something. They must've found the mother or another swarm of these insects.

He went outside and saw a giant version of that green centipede-like creature. He immediately ran to it without hesitation. He saw the gems fighting it but not doing much damage against it.

Even though he should help them, he's trying to be rational about how to defeat this creature. Theres no way they could defeat it with brute force, its not enough. What can possibly do enough damage to the creature and leave it weak enough for them to finish it?

He looked around his environment to look for anything to be used against the monster. He saw a small mini freezer, it had the logo of Cookie Cat. Steven recently heard that they've stopped selling them because they couldn't compete with Lion Lickers.

It looked in good condition and has a cord behind it but no outlet for the plug. Electricity! Thats it, that's how he's going to defeat the creature.

He needed to find some water and a power source. He went to find a bucket and used it to scoop some water from the ocean. Now, he needed something to power the mini freezer.

He just thought of something. He went back inside the house and grabbed a lightbulb. He needed it.

He went back outside and over to where the gems were fighting. Just by the looks of it, they're barely hurting the thing with their abilities and weapons. Steven took the lightbulb and broke it.

He took the wire components from the bulb and checked to see if connecting them together manually would create some electricity. It does but doesn't have much left in it. He took the bucket of water and splashed  it onto the monster.

He took the plug and lightbulb wires and connected them together to power the freezer. He threw the powered freezer in the puddle he made when he threw the water at the creature. The electricity was shocking the creature before it exploded into a cloud, leaving only its gem behind.

Steven caught the gem before it hit the ground.

(Amethyst) Wow, Steven! You took that thing down without even touching it.

(Pearl) How did you know that would work?

(Steven) Its basic electricity. Water and electricity do some great physical damage to any individuals who are in its path.

(Garnet) That type of knowledge is something we could use later.

(Amethyst) Yeah! They can be cool, too. Anything else that can be lethal when you combine two things?

(Steven) Not that I can think of for the moment. I'll get back to you when I can think of something else.

He handed Garnet the gem and she bubbled it. Then, she transported it back to the temple.

(Garnet) I say that you did pretty well, even though you're a human being.

(Pearl) Yes. You've done good. But that does not mean you're one of us.

She left as Garnet started to follow her. Amethyst was following too but she was walking backwards as she spoke to Steven.

(Amethyst) Sorry, dude. She's still mad at you because she thinks you made Rose leave.

Then, they eventually left his eye sight. It is getting dark and nightfall is about to begin. He walked back to the house so he can sleep.

End of Chapter 1

Authors Note: So this chapter is the start and we learn how the Crystal Gems are towards Steven. You could say that they may not act like that entirely but this is an AU for a reason. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I plan on updating soon.