Chapter-5

Weekend flew by soon. Now I'm getting ready for work. I changed my clothes and did my make up I didn't put much just mascara and a brown lipstick. I wear my heels and to the kitchen. I had cereal for breakfast. After finishing my breakfast I put the bowl in the sink and went out locking the door after grabbing my bag.

 After finishing my breakfast I put the bowl in the sink and went out locking the door after grabbing my bag

I took a cab and went to the office. Soon it pulled before the large building. I still get amazed by it. I paid and went inside the building. I reached my office and put my bag aside. I started work by answering some emails. It was almost 9. He will be coming soon. So I went to made his coffee. I quickly made it and went to his office to keep it. I opened the door and saw he was sitting in his chair. "Sorry sir I didn't know you had arrived. I went to make your coffee." I said. "Why is my coffee not here when I arrived?" He asked in a very angry tone. I was startled at his tone. He was cold to me before but I never saw him like this. "Sorry sir I was answering some emails I didn't see-." He cut me off by saying. "I didn't asked for your explanation. It was just a simple task of bringing my coffee before I arrived. But you couldn't even do it properly." Tread were forming in my eyes. I don't know why but when he said those words it was hurting no one has ever made me feel so irresponsible. I looked down not wanting to let him see that was about to cry. "Get this files done before lunch." He ordered. I quickly took those files and went to my office. I kept those files on the table and took deep breaths to clam myself down before I break down. I started working on those files. By the time I was done it was lunch time. I took the files and went to his office. I knocked on the door and went in after he said come in. I don't want to piss him off more. I keep the files on his table. But he didn't look up from  his laptop." Sir I have completed the files." I told him. " You can have your lunch Ms. Smith. "He told me as if he didn't shouted at me earlier today. I doubt if his bipolar. I just nodded and went out of his office to mine. I wanted to go out for lunch. I was waiting for the elevator. When I heard his footstep. Only two of us work on this floor. So I know that it was none other him. He came and stood beside me. Why wasn't he taking his private elevator. "Cause it broken down this morning." He answered my question. Wait did
I said that aloud. " Yes, you did." He chuckled. I am sure that my face is red because of embarrassment. But this is the first time I am seeing him like this not the arrogant jerk boss of mine.

 The elevator came we got in. As soon as I stepped inside my phone started ringing. I took it out and saw them at Nick was calling me.
" Hey Liv where are you?" He asked as soon as I answered. "I am at the office. Going out to have lunch." I told him. "Oh great I am nearby. Let's grab something together. Wait for me at the cafe near your office." He said. " Sure I'll wait for you." I said. " Ok then see you there." He said and hang up.

"Who was it?" Someone asked me from behind scaring the life out of me. That is the moment I realized that I was not alone. " A friend of mine. He wanted have lunch together." I told him. He suddenly looked very angry. The elevator doors open at the lobby I went out as I don't want a repeat of today's morning. He was saying something under his breath but I was not able to catch what he was saying except for boyfriend. I frown then shook my head to get these out of my head. Maybe I misheard him. But why one part of mine was wanting to believe that I didn't heard him wrong and that he might be hold on Liv you are not supposed to think like that he is your boss.

 I didn't know that I arrived the cafe maybe I was to busy thinking that I didn't notice. I went inside and mine eyes searched for Nick. I saw him sited in a booth. He waved at me as soon as saw me. I made mine ways towards him. He stood up and gave me hug.

" Hey Nick. How are you?" I asked as I take mine seat across him.  "I am fine. What about you?" He asked. "I am also fine. " I told him then the waitress came we give our order. And started talking about random things. But my mind was occupied by Lucas. I was spacing out until Nick called me. "Hey Liv, is everything  alright? You having spacing out." He asked concerned. " Yeah. Sorry , everything is fine. " I assured him. He nodded and started talking about his trip. Soon we finished and both of us paid. At first he wanted to pay but I argued and won. We were walking side by side and talking. We reached my office. "Ok then I'll go. "I told him and was about to turned when he called me. "Liv, umm are you free this Saturday?" Nick asked. He was looking very nervous. " Yeah. I am. "I said. "Would like to go out on a date with me?"he asked. I was thinking if I should go or not. " Please Liv go out with me. " He pleaded. " Can I answer you tonight?" I asked politely. "Yeah,sure I'll be waiting for the answer. Bye."he said. "bye." I said to him and he hugged me.
I turned around to see Lucas standing not so far from me and he was looking really angry. Like he could kill someone right now. We made an eye contact then he turned around and went inside of the office. I was confused as to way he was angry. But I shrugged if off  and went inside. I got into the elevator with him. The tension was very thick. But I dared not to break it. I got to my office and resumed my work.

It was time to go home. I went to his office and knocked and went inside after he said come in. " Sir I've finished organising the the files you have gave me. If nothing else then I will take my leave." I said. " Ok. You can go home." He said. I went to my office and grabbed my things and went towards the elevator to go downstairs. I reached the lobby. And went outside greeting Lily goodnight. She and I got along well. After Rose left I had been eating my lunch with her.

I reached home and changed into my PJs. After that I made pasta and ate it while watching TV. My phone vibrate I took it to see I've a massage from Nick asking about the date which he asked me. I thought about it and why not give it a chance. So I replied with a yes. After eating I cleaned the dishes I brushed my teeth and drifted off to sleep while thinking why Lucas looked so angry when Nick dropped me to my office at lunch.