Chapter-14

I'm now on the elevator going to Lucas's office with the progress report he asked me bring from Mr. Evans.

The elevator dinged signaling that I've reached. I went out of the elevator and towards my office first to collect the file he gave me to complete this morning.

After getting it I went towards his office and knocked on his door. After getting permission to enter I went inside.

" Sir, here is the file you asked me to complete and the progress report you asked from Mr. Evans." I said while handing him those files. I avoided looking into his eyes.

He just took the files and started going through them. " Sir is there anything else you need?" I asked him. "No, Ms. Smith." He said and I nodded my head and turned around to go out of his office.

I went to mine and started answering the emails and calls. I didn't noticed it was lunch until Lily called me to come down to have lunch with her.

I logged off from my computer and made my way towards the elevator after collecting my purse and phone. After I went down, I made my way towards Lily and we went to our regular cafe where we both go to have lunch.

"So will you tell me what's bothering you? " She suddenly asked. Her question caught me off guard.
" Nothing just tired." I said and by the looks of it she didn't believe me but didn't asked any more questions.

After that we talked about her relationship and other random things. After we finished our lunch and paid for our food we made our way back towards the office.

After reaching and I said bye and made my way towards the elevator. As soon as I reached to the top floor, I went towards my office and resumed my works.

After I was finished I saw that it was time to go home. I made way towards Lucas's office and knocked on the door. I went inside after getting the permission.

" Sir, I've finished my work. Is there anything else for me to do?" I asked him. " No, Ms. Smith you can go home." He said. " Ok sir have a goodnight." I said and made my way out of his office.

After collecting my things I made my way downstairs. I greeted Lily goodnight and went out to find a cab but I couldn't find any. After a few more minutes of waiting I thought of waking.

When suddenly a car stopped in front of me. It wasn't just some car it was Lucas's car. The windows rolled down and Lucas's voice came out."Get in the car Ms. Smith. " He said." No, sir it's alright." I said not wanting to be with him at the same place anymore.

" Get inside Ms. Smith. It's not safe for you to walk home." He said. I huffed and went inside the car.

After sometime my phone rang and I saw it was laila. I answer the called. " Liv I'm coming to your house for sleepover. Call David and inform him as well. " She said and hung up. I just shook my head at her.

Then I called David and he picked up at the second ring.

" Hey Liv. " He said . " Hey David. How are you?" I asked. " I'm fine. Why did you called?" He asked directly. I rolled my eyes at him.

" Well I'm also fine David thanks for asking." I replied sarcastically. " And I called to tell you that Laila has told me she is coming at mine for a sleepover and asked me to inform you as well." I said. " Ok Liv I'll be there and I'm bring dinner also. I have something to tell you guys as well. " He said excited." Ok David see you soon." I replied and cut the call.

I heard a throat being cleared and I looked up to see Lucas was sitting there with his jaw clenched. I looked around to see we have arrived in front of my apartment. " Thank you for the ride Mr. Knight." I said to him he just nodded his head at me. I went out of the car and he drove off.

I went inside and towards my apartment. I opened my door and went toward my bedroom to take a shower. I took a shower and wear a t-shirt and shorts. I decided to watch TV while waiting for Laila and David to come.