Chapter 14

The three teenagers looked on in horror as their friend Lucy, who had now become some frightening creature devoured a fish that she had caught with her bear hands.

"Gray." Juvia whispered as she gently grasped his arm. "I'm scared."

"That's okay. I'm scared too." He said.

"Lucy?" Erza said with caution. "Is that you?"

The creature looked at them in a way that made them go stiff. She smiled at them like there was absolutely nothing wrong.

"Of course it's me. Who else would it be?" She said.

"What happened to you?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"Have you seen yourself?"

"Yes and I think that I look great."

"Do you see yourself as we see you?" Gray asked.

"Lucy you need to get out of the water right now." Juvia said.

"Why? It feels great. You all should come in."

"No thank you."

"Gray pull her out." Erza said.

"What? Why me?" Gray asked.

"Because if we get wet then we'll end up just like her. Do you want that to happen?"

"Okay you have a point there."

Gray grabbed hold of Lucy and started to pull her out, Juvia used her powers to make the water push Lucy out. Erza used her powers to steam the water on Lucy's body and dry her off.

"I'm starving." Lucy said. "I need food."

"You're still hungry?" Erza said.

"Let me back in the sea so I can catch fish for myself."

"No way are we letting you get back in the water." Gray said.

"As soon as you get your legs back we're taking you home." Juvia said.

"But I don't want to go home." Lucy whined. "I want to swim out to Tendrou Island."

"Not happening." Erza said.

Once Lucy was in her human form they made her get into Gray's car so he could drive them back to her house. But Lucy was determined to return to the sea so she froze the car battery which prevented the vehicle from starting up.

"Why isn't the car moving?" Erza asked.

"I don't know." Gray said. "I'll check under the hood."

"I'll help you. I have some experiences in machinery. Juvia you stay here and watch Lucy."

"Right." Juvia said.

Gray and Erza grabbed a flashlight then went outside to fix the car. Gray lifted up the hood and used a nearby stick to hold it up while Erza held the flashlight.

"Let me out Juvia." Lucy pleaded. "Please."

"No. I'm sorry Lucy but this is for your own good." She said.

"But the sea is calling me."

"You just need to calm down."

But Lucy wouldn't stop. She froze the stick holding the car hood up as intensely as she could which made the stick snap and the hood fall on top of Gray, she then froze the hood's edges of the car to keep him there at least for awhile.

"Gray!" Juvia screamed.

Erza immediately tried to lift the hood up.

"Get this thing off of me!" Gray shouted.