32 ➳ Kian Karrington

Start from the beginning

Walking into school today was kind of like the other week when I had walked into school with Lila, Dayton Lakes cover girl. Except for this time, it was a little different as everyone had seemed to calm down and not majorly care that I walked the halls beside the girl that could easily make you go home and cry.

I kind of felt somewhat powerful standing next to Lila. I've never wanted power or anything close to it but it did kind of feel good to know that I was friends with the most powerful group of the school. It now meant that when I walked the halls I was no longer, 'New Girl' I was 'Lila's Friend' or something like that.

It made me feel safe and comfortable like there was no way anyone or anything could hurt me as long as I was friends with them. I loved our friend group, I loved how we could joke and kind of be mean to each other but at the end of the day, we were there for one another which was a feeling I've never felt before.

When I had parted ways with Lila this morning my eyes had also had the blessing of seeing Hale and his gorgeous features. It was crazy how this boy was making me feel. I felt as though he was going to seriously fix me and take away all the pain, I've had inflicted on me by Boston.

I am also perfectly aware that he could just want sex and that he just wants that and nothing else which he is perfectly inclined too. It wouldn't completely break me if I was to find that out but I would be lying if I said it wouldn't hurt me at all.

Hale has to have some feelings towards me. I believe this because you don't just open up about something like your mother's suicide to someone that you are planning on having nothing more and nothing less than sex with someone.

I also think he has feelings for me as he wants to go on a second date. Now normally if he's just trying to fuck, I don't think he would ask you on a second date as he would just give up and try and fuck the next girl that walks past him.

And the last reason as to why I believe that Miles Hale could have feelings for me is due to him respecting me when I slept with him in his bed, he didn't once try and touch me in a sexual way or even really ask or try to insinuate he wanted it. Also, that morning when I had woken up from a bad dream, he held me.

He held me so protectively that I felt like I was genuinely safe and that nothing bad would ever happen to me again. I haven't felt that feeling in such a long time, it feels good to be able to feel that when for years I had been scared and felt huge amounts of pain.

I know it's really soon to feel these types of emotions, but I just can't help but feel like this.

"Mr. Westbrook, nice to see you for the first time this year." Mr. Stevenson said as he paused calling out the roll.

Westbrook... he can't mean Lakyn Westbrook, could he?

It wasn't a big deal if he had, in fact, said those words it just caught me by surprise as I have not seen that boy in this homeroom class since my first day at Dayton Academy.

"You too sir." Lakyn said as girls swooned over his husky voice.

Now Lakyn doesn't like teachers, I heard once he swore at one which resulted in her crying and quitting the school the following day, but everyone loves Mr. Stevenson whether you want to or not.

He is the type of teacher that doesn't do his job properly, he's more of a teacher that likes to have fun and barely do any of the work. He likes showing his students real-life skills that will be needed for when they leave school. He is also a sucker for YouTube videos and will spend the whole lesson watching either funny animal fails, even singing fails and old vines.

"Just go find a seat." Mt Stevenson said, dismissing him.

When Lakyn then walked down the rows of desks ever girl seemed to batter their fake eyelashes at them and move over a seat in an attempt for Lakyn to choose to sit next to them. They were acting as if he was some Greek god or even royalty for that matter.