32 ➳ Kian Karrington

Start from the beginning

"Oh um, I was going to take it to Lila's." I said, "We have a project." I lied.

I only lied because I knew that if my father for some reason had talked to Lila's father about us giving her the sewing machine, I knew that he would throw it out as she had told me all about how he had done that to her a few years ago.

So, I wasn't going to risk it happening again.

My father nodded, "I hope it still works, it's been down there collecting dust for years."

Well, I hope it works.

After saying goodbye to Sammy, dad insisted on dropping me off at Lila's even though he was running late. I had tried to tell him it didn't matter as it was only down the road but he wasn't budging so I just allowed him to.

Once he stopped the car I hopped out and lifted the heavy box off of the floor of his police car, biding him goodbye and thanking him I made my way up to the Palace that is formally known as the Hayes residence.

Deciding to just be fearless and open the door, I walked into her fortress and accidentally slamming the door behind me.

"Hello to you too." Lila murmured as she stepped off the last step, crossing her arms over her chest.

I jumped in fright as I hadn't expected Lila to be right there but my eyes lit up as I noticed her, "I have a present for you." I announced excitedly.

"What is it?" She asked nervously yet curiously.

I smiled and handed the heavy box to her, "Go on, open it."

Lila furrowed her eyebrows, hurrying over to the entryway display table just behind her which held a vase of fresh white roses, placing the box on top of the surface before pulling either side of the box open.

"Eden!" She squealed excitedly, "You do not know how much this means to me." She said truthfully.

I smiled warmly, "It's not a big deal." I brushed it off, "It was my mom's; it wasn't being used. I found it this morning in the laundry room, no wonder we couldn't find it in the garage that time."

"Are you sure you want me to keep this?" Lila asked reluctantly, "I cannot guarantee that I will be able to keep it for long."

I nodded, "Of course!" I assured her, "Just hide it in one of your Birkin's or something."

Lila raised her eyebrow, "It may not fit it in of those, but I could find somewhere else within the vicinity of my wardrobe."

And just like the other day, Lila shot up the three flights of stairs effortlessly while carrying that heavy box. I seriously don't think I will ever be that fit; as of recently, I have come to the conclusion I am just simply a fat girl trapped in a skinny girl's body.

I say that because I am skinny, I'm pretty much a damn twig, I never gain weight I've always been like this. You would think I don't eat or I used to have an eating disorder like Bulimia or even Anorexia due to how somewhat skinny my arms, torso, and legs are.

But the funny thing is I eat like there is no tomorrow, I some who manage to eat way more than my brother who eats four-course meals. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating but I do eat a lot probably more than the average female.

Certainly, more than Lila Hayes.

Once Lila had hidden the sewing machine away from the possible lurking eyes of her father we proceeded back down the stairs and out to her car. Again, I begged her to stop and get food as my stomach kept rumbling as I hadn't had breakfast.

We made a pit stop to Melrose's where I ran in and ordered a breakfast roll and two ice coffees. One was for Lila of course; I wasn't planning on getting one but it sounded too good to pass up.