the best day ever

Okay, guys, I think we need to have a brief discussion about my comment section. I noticed that several of your comments were getting reported and the only thing that is consistent between them all is that there is a curse word in them. I just want you to know that I don't give a flying fuck that you curse in my comment section, with the exception that it isn't targeted towards anything. Example "Fuck you". It is not acceptable and will be deleted but, "I fucking love this book!" Is just fine in my book. I hope you guys enjoy the update and remember if you aren't mature enough to read curse words in the comment section than you are not mature enough to read this book. <3

__________________________

Evy's POV.

          The trip to the nurse was like trying to fall asleep but your sibling is in the other room, talking with their friends loudly. You can hear their voices through the walls, but you can't quite catch everything they say. I also couldn't manage to go to sleep, my head started to hurt and I don't know if it was the ball to the head or being carried but I felt a little nauseous.

        "Oh god I am so sorry, wait why are your eyes closed?! God, think Devin. Hey, keep your eyes open. I heard somewhere that you weren't supposed to go to sleep. Come on, talk to me." the boy, whose name I think is Devin, babbled.

         "I'm sorry if I puke on you," I mumbled. I know right? Aren't I smooth? It must have broken the ice because he chuckled a little. Well not exactly chuckled. It was a mix of shock, relief, and a bit of disgust. 

      "I wouldn't blame you, I'd probably puke on the person who threw a dodgeball in my face. God, I didn't realize that I threw it that hard. Are you okay?" he continues to talk panicked. He stumbles a little bit and shifts me around so he could get the door open. The sun hurt my eyes as we walk outside. I try to shield it by turning my head towards his chest.

      "I suck a dodgeball anyways, at least I get to spend the rest of the day at the nurse's office," I mumble a little louder, very aware at how muddled my words are beginning to get. What was that thing about not falling asleep? Something about a coma? Man, Zander would be pissed if I ended up in a coma. I could imagine his angry face, this kid would probably end up dead. For some reason that though mad me giggle.

        "Hold on we are almost there". Another set of doors opens and we pass by the main office into the nurse's office. It smelled like bleach and the bright florescent lights continued to hurt my eyes.

        "Great, what happened this time? Was it Harold again? I told you to pay attention to that staircase," Nurse  June chided as she saw me come in. I give her a weak smile.

     "Not this time, June. We played dodgeball today in gym class," I'm struggling to keep my eyes open her head nods knowingly.  I could feel Devin's legs wobble and I know that if he doesn't set me down soon then I'm going to end up falling. Junes attention was pulled in the same direction.

         "Here dear, why don't you set her down on one of the cots," Mrs. June gestures to the corner of the room. Poor Devin's trembling form quickly followed her orders and gently lays me down on the nearest cot. "You can go back to class, dear". Even dizzy and tired I could tell that Devin wanted to stay.

      "He might as well stay, Coach probably wouldn't let him play if he went back". I decided to throw the poor boy a bone. June, though strict, let it slide. She is well aware that I've been brought to the Nurses office plenty of times, but very few of the people who bring me tend to stick around.

      "Fine, he can stay. Sit up for me a little bit", I try to follow her orders but a flood of nausea pass through me. "Describe to me how you feel." she says pulling over a trash can for "Just-in-case".