Come to the Dark Side, We Have Cookies.

After breakfast, he cleaned up my face and helped me wash my hands. Then we went into the playroom where he sets us up with watching Incredibles Two. His father probably got him a copy pre-release. I didn't complain it was a good movie and well worth the wait. when the movie ended he sat me on his lap so I was facing him.

   "How was the movie little one?" he asks.

   I stay silent.   

   "Oh come on you cant be that angry at me can you?" he asks trying to make me budge.

   I give him a look that says, oh yes I can!

   "little girl im trying to be lenient with you but if you don't cut the attitude im going to be a little less lenient," he says sternly.

   I look down at my hands and pout.

   "words baby," he says

   "I sowy,"I say not meeting his eyes, "d-daddy." I can feel him smile at my obedience.

   "Thank you, baby, if you are good for the rest of the day I might forgive the little incident you pulled yesterday," he says raising my chin making me look at him.

   I blushed and look away, suddenly finding my hands very interesting. He takes one of my small hands in one of his big ones. I look at him and I start to tear up. 

   "Aww baby, whats wrong darling?" he says pouting at me.

   "You promised,"I say some of the tears falling down my face.

   He has a pained expression. 

   "I promised you would go home safe, and you are. Your home," he says drying up the tears that where falling. 

   "B-but Papa was just starting to get better," I say trying not to cry again.

   "Sweetheart your father admitted himself into a rehab center, he left you into my protection," he said cuddling me.

   "B-but y-your-"I start choking on my own words I was so upset.

   "18 years old, making me a legal adult. Your still 17 which makes you a minor. The courts approved of it yesterday morning, baby, You're mine." he states in victory.

   I didn't know what upset me more, the fact that my dad didn't tell me or the situation im currently in. Not only did I lose my mom, but now my father as well. I start full out crying unable to keep it all in. Alexander stands up and holds me rocking me back and forth in his arms.

   "Its ok Evy, everything is going to be alright," he coo's trying to calm me down.

   I don't stop crying once I start the best course is just to let me get it all out. Zander lets me cry while murmuring sweet nothings to try and help calm me. Soon my tears stop and im just there sniffling. 

   "Do you feel better now?" he says still rocking me.

   I don't say a thing I don't even look at him. I don't want to be here. but where am I to go? 

   "Oh come on little Evy, let me see those pretty eyes," he says lifting my chin with his finger.

   I look at him reluctantly.

   "There's my pretty angel," he says caressing my cheek.

   I blush like I always do when he pulls something like this. I hide my face in his neck and he chuckles at my reaction.

   "how about we go color princess," he says bringing me over to the coffee table.

   He gets out pieces of paper and some crayons. I roll my eyes. I wanted my old art supplies, not crayons. You could at least give me some colored pencils. I think spitefully. I start to doodle a flower because, why not. When I finish I put my initials on the bottom right side of the paper and show it to Zander.